HWM / No Idea pressing help

So I got this yesterday from Salaho off eBay...and it was described as "Solid purple /200":

[image]

[image]

And now there's this one which is also being described as Solid Purple:

[image]

Which makes me think that mine might actually be "Dark Purple w/ Pink, /9" which is from the same press.

Can anyone help, is it actually the Solid Purple press or not?

I'm fairly sure it's not the one/9 based purely on the fact that I had 8 of them when I got my order ,mixed in with the other purple,

I just assumed it was part of the same pressing/200, just a colour variant, as you really need to hold it in the light to see it's transparent, of course it could be a pressing/colour they've not listed, as I've seen with other HWM LP's (No Division especially)

hi.

prob no idea grey :-) ha

the first one above is the 7th press! (NOT LISTED RIGHT NOW!)

but you are right the one below is 6th press and could be either a variant which is not listed or 6th press dark purple with pink (shouldn´t it have a slip ?). the last pic is 6th press/ pink mix color!

soild pruple looks different...more solid ha

hi.

prob no idea grey :-) ha

the first one above is the 7th press! (NOT LISTED RIGHT NOW!)

but you are right the one below is 6th press and could be either a variant which is not listed or 6th press dark purple with pink (shouldn´t it have a slip ?). the last pic is 6th press/ pink mix color!

soild pruple looks different...more solid ha

The first 2 pictures are actually the same record.

you are welcome!

I´ve just made a pic of my never enders....

[image]

first row: test press, 1st press: Egg Yolk Yellow, Red 2nd press: Translucent Orange

second row: Clear, 3rd press:Opaque Orange , 4th press :Green, 5th press: Red

third row: 2007 test press, 6th press: Pale pastel mix, pink mix , orange mix

fourth press: Solid Purple, Dark Purple with Pink, 7th press: dark pruple

[image]

demos:

red, test press, orange mix, yellow, blue

see, that's really weird, because I have that same clear dark purple color he has, that is supposed to be the 7th pressing, but I got mine back in the beginning of march, but the 6th pressing date is for April.

No Idea pressings always confuse me. Also, I have the Moments Pass 7" on white, I've always assumed it's the 3rd pressing, since their listing doesn't actually mention what color the 3rd pressing is. Can anyone confirm that for me?

see, that's really weird, because I have that same clear dark purple color he has, that is supposed to be the 7th pressing, but I got mine back in the beginning of march, but the 6th pressing date is for April.

The pressing date (4/23/2008) is way off. I remember I ordered stuff from the 6th pressing sometime around december/january.

The thing is, No Idea really only started doing that because people were buying the records they called "Purple" or "Grey" and then selling them on eBay as "EXTREMELY RARE VARIANT WITH ONE BLACK DOT!!1" So I think separating the colors themselves is really just a way to control that sort of bullshit. In a way, it's contributing to it I guess... but it also makes for less Cobraside-style debates.

Kind of related so I won't start a new thread.....

I have the HWM - Alachua w/ Blood Spatter on the cover and such and the "Aluminum Silver" vinyl.

Now I also have a copy of the same thing, same vinyl but the sleeve is turned inside out and it says:

- "MOOSIK" in Sharpie on the front

- "LACHUCH" "NVRNDR" and "noodeehah" in Sharpie on the back

- #23/384 in Ball Point Pen and looks to be written by a 1st Grader

- A note on the inside saying To: David Hayes --- Replay Dave

Just wondering if anyone smarter than I knows the story on this. Maybe a friend of the band or the label?

I'll have a picture tomorrow.

I'll join the question-asking fun, too.

I have:

Hot Water Music The New What Next Swampwater Green 2nd Press / 15

I guess No Idea puts a slip in when its rare, but how rare? Would I have gotten one with a record color /15 or is it like.. /1 or something? Also.. I don't care about color for 99% of what I buy so does HWM have a variant-chasing crowd like Against Me! does that I could sell this to?

Kind of related so I won't start a new thread.....

I have the HWM - Alachua w/ Blood Spatter on the cover and such and the "Aluminum Silver" vinyl.

Now I also have a copy of the same thing, same vinyl but the sleeve is turned inside out and it says:

- "MOOSIK" in Sharpie on the front

- "LACHUCH" "NVRNDR" and "noodeehah" in Sharpie on the back

- #23/384 in Ball Point Pen and looks to be written by a 1st Grader

- A note on the inside saying To: David Hayes --- Replay Dave

Just wondering if anyone smarter than I knows the story on this. Maybe a friend of the band or the label?

I'll have a picture tomorrow.

well, David hayes (Very Small/Too Many) has been in gainesville for a few years now, and Replay Dave (from Grabass) does mailorder, so i'm going to guess he was being silly and made it for David.

did you get this off da 'bay or something?

Guest pelican2112
I'll join the question-asking fun, too.

I have:

Hot Water Music The New What Next Swampwater Green 2nd Press / 15

I guess No Idea puts a slip in when its rare, but how rare? Would I have gotten one with a record color /15 or is it like.. /1 or something? Also.. I don't care about color for 99% of what I buy so does HWM have a variant-chasing crowd like Against Me! does that I could sell this to?

If you didn't get a slip then it's probably the opaque green color, not the swampwater green. There's been a lot of confusion with these two colors, as the opaque green is swirled with some other colors. However, the swampwater green is a very dark, cloudy translucent green (see: Assholeparade Student Ghetto Violence lp or the 14th press of Reinventing Axl Rose).