PO: Static-X - Shadow Zone (NewOnVinyl)

static-x-shadow-zone-ltd-green-yellow-vi

Vinyl Debut of the album "Shadow Zone" by Static-X. Single LP on 180 gram GREEN & YELLOW vinyl. Limited edition of only 500 copies. Including Insert. 

Shadow Zone is the third album by Static-X, released in 2003. Marked by many personnel and stylistic changes, the album sports a much more melodic sound than any other work in their catalog, while still staying in the confines of their Industrial Metal and Nu Metal sound.

In 2002, singer Wayne Static was contacted by singer Jonathan Davis of the Nu Metal band Korn, to sing on a song he had written for the Queen Of The Damned soundtrack: "Not Meant for Me". Static's work with Davis greatly influenced the direction of the Shadow Zone album.

While the band found success with their Platinum-selling debut album Wisconsin Death Trip in 1999, dissatisfaction grew in the band in creating the follow-up, Machine in 2001. Eventually, original guitarist Koichi Fukuda was replaced with Tripp Eisen.

Work on Shadow Zone started in early 2002, and would span well over a year. Producer Josh Abraham was brought in, known for working with more commercially melodically mainstream bands such as Staind, Filter and Velvet Revolver.

http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/static-x-shadow-zone-ltd.html

Oh, wow! This album literally popped into my head this morning as I was reading the news of Wayne Static's wife committing suicide (may she rest in peace), and started wondering if we would ever get it on vinyl. I used to really, really dig this album. Might have to pick it up!