Sydney Recommendations?

hi guys!

i'm going to be out in sydney march 12-28 and looking for some fun things to do while i'm out there. it's my first time going and i definitely want to go to some record stores, maybe hit up some local shows, and eat lots of food and drink lots of beer.

anyone have suggestions for places i should go and things i should do while i'm there?

Come and hang out with me. I live in Enmore which is a 5 minute walk to Newtown. We have several records stores that will cater to every taste.

Newtown is a 10 minute bus ride to the Sydney CBD where the harbour bridge, opera house, circular quay and darling harbour is.

Any idea where you're staying? 

Taronga zoo is a good time. Catch a ferry from circular quay over the harbour to the taronga wharf. Takes about 10 minutes. Another good day out is walking from the opera house, over the bridge to luna park. It's a coney island style fun park with a few rides and the best ferris wheel in the world.

There also a ridiculous number of amazing bars, pubs and restaurants. I work at a place that makes (IMO)sydneys best burgers. It's set inside a pub that began in 1881. 

And far too many national park walks/hikes/scenery thing to even mention that are a short drive away.

And theres also another two wildlife parks about 45 minutes drive too, where you can feed our native animals, hold snakes, baby crocodiles etc..

Come and hang out with me. I live in Enmore which is a 5 minute walk to Newtown. We have several records stores that will cater to every taste.

Newtown is a 10 minute bus ride to the Sydney CBD where the harbour bridge, opera house, circular quay and darling harbour is.

Taronga zoo is a good time. Catch a ferry from circular quay over the harbour to the taronga wharf. Takes about 10 minutes. Another good day out is walking from the opera house, over the bridge to luna park. It's a coney island style fun park with a few rides and the best ferris wheel in the world.

There also a ridiculous number of amazing bars, pubs and restaurants. I work at a place that makes (IMO)sydneys best burgers. It's set inside a pub that began in 1881. 

And far too many national park walks/hikes/scenery thing to even mention that are a short drive away.

And theres also another two wildlife parks about 45 minutes drive too, where you can feed our native animals, hold snakes, baby crocodiles etc..

Pretty much this, Newtown/Enmore for sure.

Curious to know where these best burgers are at, I have had some damn good burgers in Sydney before...

If you are a fan of craft beers.....Hit up 4 Pines brewery in Manly....grab a killer meal and a tasting paddle......awesome place

Red Eye Records and Utopia are okay....picked up some sweet stuff last time i was in Sydney (im from Melbourne)

Taronga Zoo is actually pretty rad

Oh man, if I could move to any city in the world, it would have to be Sydney. Such an awesome city.

If you're a meat eater, definitely check out Meat & Wine co in Darling Harbour.

Can't say much for the record stores there

thanks everyone for all the amazing suggestions! you've all been super helpful. definitely planning on hitting up the zoo...my sister who lives in sydney is actually friends with one of the elephant trainers there, so should be a pretty great time. really looking forward to grabbing some pints and food at 4 pines, riding some rides at luna park, hitting up some record stores, and hopefully getting to try one of these famous burgers jase keeps talking about ;)

thanks again!