Lost Film – Silver Keys 7" Lathe Cut (Native Sound Private Press #3)

v600_silverkeysart.jpg

Coming off the heels of January’s four-song Temporary EP, Jimmy Hewitt (Lost Film's sole permanent member) is joined by his touring band for this one-off single. Recorded over three hours at Converse’s Rubber Tracks studio in Jimmy's hometown of Boston, the song reflects on the nostalgia of seldom returning home.

“Silver Keys” exists at the intersection of last summer’s Imago LP, and the most recent Temporary EP. While not as bombastic as the former, or nuanced as the latter, “Silver Keys” is melodic in the subdued tradition of Yo La Tengo or even Death Cab for Cutie. It continues to build on the on-going growth of the band since Jimmy released his first demo under the moniker in 2014.

“Silver Keys” also marks the third entry in our Private Press series. Pressed on made-to-order hand-numbered square 7” lathes, “Silver Keys” will be on sale for a one week period. At the end of that week we will press the exact amount ordered, and that’s it. No repressing ever. This is your only chance to ever own this 7”, so if you want it, order by March 28th. All orders should ship about three weeks later.

I have a week to find significantly more than that as I'm from the UK and at the same time most of my money is tied up in some probably ill-advised high price auctions for some personal white whales. Also one of my favourite bands just released a pre-order which cost me £60 and I'm not getting paid until the 31st so I'm guessing I'll miss it.

I'll cope though.

I have a week to find significantly more than that as I'm from the UK and at the same time most of my money is tied up in some probably ill-advised high price auctions for some personal white whales. Also one of my favourite bands just released a pre-order which cost me £60 and I'm not getting paid until the 31st so I'm guessing I'll miss it.

I'll cope though.

Ah, good luck on those white whales! 

I really want this but the shipping price is kind of crazy to Canada (like everything usually is *sigh*). I may have to pull the trigger on this though, I love Lost Film.

Yeah, I wish we could offer a lower shipping price. USPS just brought them up this year which sucks too. I hope you can figure it out though!

Ah, good luck on those white whales! 

Both auctions should wind up at about 4am in UK time, if I lose either of them then I'll obviously grab this as a consolation prize. I freaking love your label man I reviewed a lot of your output last year on my tumblr blog Captain Of Lies.  ;)

Both auctions should wind up at about 4am in UK time, if I lose either of them then I'll obviously grab this as a consolation prize. I freaking love your label man I reviewed a lot of your output last year on my tumblr blog Captain Of Lies.  ;)

Dude, I remember that post. You got like EVERYTHING we released last year. A lot coming out this year, sorry, haha.

Dude, I remember that post. You got like EVERYTHING we released last year. A lot coming out this year, sorry, haha.

I may end up being a little more selective where possible as I'm trying to buy a place but I'm sure I'll end up with a tonne by the end of the year. Already got Miserable on pre-order.