PO: Biffy Clyro - Ellipsis LP

1 minute ago, Quake1028 said:

Won a sealed copy of Opposites on eBay for $14 shipped. Now I just have the expensive 4 left to get on vinyl.

Congrats on the win. Good luck on the hunt for Lonely Revolutions it's selling for about £250+ these days. The original presses of the first three are also about £100 each.

I missed Lonely Revolutions on vinyl cos it dropped when I was out of the country. Managed to get the CD and even that sells for £80-£100 these days. My own hunt continues.

I am only looking to get the studio albums. So far I have Ellipsis, Only Revolutions & Opposites. I need Blackened Sky, Vertigo, Infinity Land & Puzzle. I own all of them on CD with the exception of Blackened and Vertigo. The represses of all of them are much cheaper and have really good reviews, so it won't be too painful to complete my set.

Listening through now and I gotta say it is very Opposites-y but at the same time this is probably their most diverse album they've produced.

Early stand outs for me include Friends & Enemies, Re-arrange, Medicine & Flammable.

Flammable and Howl have very pop choruses.

Small Wishes is probably the most different song they've done for a while....

Overall I think it's a great album and will most likely grow on me like all of Biffy's prior work.

6 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

Listening through now and I gotta say it is very Opposites-y but at the same time this is probably their most diverse album they've produced.

Early stand outs for me include Friends & Enemies, Re-arrange, Medicine & Flammable.

Flammable and Howl have very pop choruses.

Small Wishes is probably the most different song they've done for a while....

Overall I think it's a great album and will most likely grow on me like all of Biffy's prior work.

Sounds promising. Hopefully I will receive my copy today:-)

Got a message that a parcel has been successfully delivered (should be the deluxe box set) also should be getting the HMV Wolves exclusive 7" either today or tomorrow. I will confirm whether the 7" is identical to the boxset one when I can.

Reserved a copy of the indie exclusive at Rough Trade East (they only had four!?) to pick up after work. 

No will power over here.

On my first spin of the Indie exclusive. There's already a few bits I dig hard so I'm chuffed.

I can confirm for any who were interested in the HMV exclusive 7" Wolves Of Winter it is indeed identical to the one included in the deluxe package, single sided with an etched b-side. I have two now cos I'm a fool to myself.

22 minutes ago, glass realms said:

Has anybody who ordered the box set from Warner Bros received an email with the download yet?

Mine was in my junk folder (which never displays properly on my phone)

I've put my spare download code in the "various download codes" thread in Everything Else but that's for a standard version without the bonus tracks, and the bonus tracks are probably already my favourites.

10 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

The sound on the deluxe edition is fecking awesome!! Glad they gave this the 45 RMP treatment. Probably one of the best sounding LPs i've listening to this year

Nice! I just went with the standard on Amazon. Can anyone comment on SQ on that version? I have the 320mp3 and actually thought the sound wasn't that great.

• 2 months later...