Temper Trap - Conditions vinyl reissue

Hi,

It looks like Conditions by Temper Trap is available on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002GCJTFW/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1460419755&sr=8-1

I am not sure whether this is an official release

Thanks for posting this I had a look and a lot of the sellers on that link are in the UK so I changed to Amazon UK and there were quite a few more sellers offering this. I wondered if some of them had made a mistake and listed CD's instead of vinyl but the ones I looked through also offer lots of other vinyl so I've given it a go.

I've not seen boots about over here but that doesn't mean they are not out there and haven't heard about a re release either so I had a look on the label website where the last news is dated January 2012, all the links to Amazon and HMV point to the CD and although in the label shop it shows up in the vinyl section it's not available to buy. I have an original that I bought when it was released so I'll easily be able to see if this is a boot or a re release etc.

Edit

There's a few for sale on ebay UK as well so I'm pretty certain these are a repress, there's also a few more than there were for sale on Discogs but the prices have dropped considerably.

These are  a couple of ebay ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Temper-Trap-Conditions-VINYL-NEW/301916184801?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35391%26meid%3Dba9e70fdab734bd8afe0e07f3e481b15%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D301440862141

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Temper-Trap-Conditions-NEW-12-VINYL-LP/311575329920?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35391%26meid%3Dba9e70fdab734bd8afe0e07f3e481b15%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D301440862141

Amazon themselves wouldn't knowingly sell a bootleg but one of their market place sellers possibly might, but even that's quite doubtful I think.

I'm pretty sure the ones in the UK are re presses and I'll know for sure as soon as mine arrives. I did ask in my local independent record shop today and they knew nothing about a re press but that doesn't mean it hasn't been re pressed.

Hello all.

A copy of this LP arrived today with me. I ordered this from Amazon.

The matrices are identical (A1/B1) and it comes with the download code. You can't distinguish this from the original and for £15 to boot!

I have play tested it and it sounds amazing! If this is a bootleg it's a very good one.

Extremely happy

Ok mine arrived today and it's definitely a re issue, way too good to be a boot as the record itself is identical but there are quite a few differences on everything else to my UK original.

1) The new ones are sealed, the original UK issue was not sealed.

2) The new ones have the hype sticker on the cellophane, on the UK original it's on the sleeve itself albeit in the same place and looks to be the same hype sticker.

3) The new ones use card with a white inside , the UK originals used card which was more grey inside

4) The new ones only have one opener on the gatefold, both sides are open on the UK originals

5) The new ones have a glossy inner sleeve, the UK original was matt both inside and out

6) The download card on the new one is credit card sized, the UK original has a CD insert sized download card.

Well Liberation I believe is the original AUS label and they might be answering all queries from the public and not aware that Infectious has repressed it. Glad to hear the matrices are identical, that's really key. Plus a proper Infectious dl card? Yeah, I figured when I saw the list of sellers it wouldn't be a boot but I'm definitely relieved to hear that's the case.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, allenh said:

It says in my post further up the records themselves are identical and the differences in the sleeves I listed out in detail.

Thank you, it didn't specifcally mention matrices but I must have skipped over Cenobites post which does!
All good. :)

Edited by dobyblue