these ones are bitter - little recap

i was suspect of that additional pressing and i think the overall demand for this record might have been overestimated...

you're saying that like it was only pressed for the intent of turning it into this expensive collectors item. you might be disappointed that it hasn't turned into some instant rarity that can be hawked for profit, but that doesn't mean there isn't a demand from people who want it simply to hear the new Ben Weasel record. those first 1000 were pretty much all called for before we even had them in hand, and that's why we pressed those extra 500 (and i honestly don't think those will be around for that long). but if pressing those extra LPs is ruining its appeal from a collector standpoint, then good! people shouldn't have to pay a retarded amount for a record that just came out.

(oh, and had that dude included the word "screeching" in either of those listing titles, it might have drawn a little more attention.)

hey guys, got word from lumberjack that the coke bottle blue ben weasel records will ship on friday so we will have htem next week!

and mike, I agree, had he used the word screeching, people would have bid it up more.

have you seen what those me first "dolly" 7"s are fetching on ebay? insane.

no, that's not really what i meant. not suspect like something fishy, just suspect that it was necessary. to me, a pressing of a 1,000 is quite a lot these days. i would have guessed that the people who really wanted it got it already. i didn't mean to sound like i was bagging on anybody.

i was just reporting the news on those copies i saw not making a comment on being bummed on their value.

i was also guessing the preorder frenzy wasn't really indicative of overall interest in the record. not that it's bad or whatever. i have been kind of curious how the digital version was selling.

i definitely didn't buy my copies thinking they would someday fetch huge amounts on ebay. i just grabbed an extra tan/green for my buddy but he ended up being able to get one.

All I know is I'm glad as hell that I was able to get every color/pressing of this record so far (including the test press).

One thing I have noticed from looking at ebay though is that some sellers are selling the vinyl without the CD, meaning I think a lot of people may want a true CD version more than a downloaded/burned copy, so they're buying the record just for that.