What kind of music are you into/def. NOT into?

Into: Punk, hardcore, some metal, non-mainstream hip-hop, grime & dubstep, indy rock, some classical, a lot of bop and other jazz from the '50s and '60s, old country

Most definitely not feeling: bluegrass, new country, anything with harmonica (sorry, like fingernails on a chalkboard to my ears), anything with excessive vocal harmonization (like contemporary R&B or that barbershop-sounding Beach Boys stuff), Christian 'punk'

I'll listen to a lot but I have a core of music that I build from which is composed of punk and pop-punk along with some classic rock and classic metal (led zep, the who, metallica, iron maiden). Then there's the early 90s emo/indie stuff like Sunny Day Real Estate, Christie Front Drive, the Promise Ring, a lot of the stuff put out by Deep Elm and Dischord, etc. Lastly there's the more avant garde hardcore and straight-up hardcore. The only kind of that I don't like tends to be the kind that utilizes the cookie-monster vocals/growls. Oh and of course the stuff I grew-up with like Stone Temple Pilots, a bit of Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and a bit of Nirvana and the Foo Fighters.

I'm not a big fan of rap, generally speaking though I have a sweet spot for Dr Dre and Snoop. I'm also not a fan of club music of any kind really. Not sure completely why, maybe because I can't dance. I just think its repetitive and unimaginative.

yeah, i guess you guys are right when it comes top upholding the same ideals, but i don't feel as if hardcore should be used as a platform to preach your religion. sure, good purpose, but i don't know... i just have a bad relationship with the catholic church.

so maybe it's just me. :P

Well the catholic church is the most evil thing in the world.

Dislike:

Oi/street punk

spazzy hardcore

Most of the popular "punk bands" - anything from fall out boy to Panic! At The Disco

Generic rap - most anything that is played on the radio and all these southern rappers are complete garbage that lack talent.

Most annoying band (in my opinion) is Coheed - gives me chills everything i hear that guys voice. disgusting!

Like:

Skate Punk - NOFX, Satanic surfers, No Fun At all

Pop Punk - screeching weasel, ergs!, copyrights

hardcore - anything from Shutdown youth crew style to Municipal Waste

Ska - really only a couple - LTJ, Slapstick,

Hip Hop - i like underground rappers - like atmosphere, immortal techniques, Necro, Ill Bill, Rakim...

i can attest my musical direction to a decision i made when i was a young teen (many moons ago). i swapped my def leppard - hysteria album for faith no more's just released, angel dust. this album absolutely blew away the cobwebs in my young mind. gone was the big hair jovis, leppards, crues, gunners - in comes FNM, tool, nine inch nails and the like. i am now currently digging instumental, post rocky type gear, but it deffinitely must have a direction.

pointless noise does nothing for me. nor does rap, techno, house etc that do away with instruments in favour of bleeps. i'm big on guitars, bass and drums, and vox when done right.

i hate emo, but i love trail of dead. i hate nu-metal but helmet fucking rock. i hate rap but public enemy will always have a soft spot in my heart. i dont like most chart pop rock stuff but i do like my green day/hives. and JSBX kick out the jams no matter what.

rollins is an idol of mine but post-come in and burn stuff bites.

call me a man of contradictions...

...or just a dickhead, your choice.