Fat Wreck Records...?

alrighty, I know that fat is not putting the Strung Out and Mad Caddies on LP because they are too long and Fat Mike doesnt want to comprmise the realease. Which is cool

However i read that they had some special vinyl releases or projects up their sleeve to make up for this. Anyone know what is in the works?

just curious if that info has been relaesed yet.

Guest conoley

They are planning some kind of vinyl box set retrospective. I interviewed Mike last year and he mentioned it. I can't remember if it was gong to be a 7" set or a 12" set, though

Guest conoley

Here it is. I am pretty sure it will be on vinyl:

Fat Wreck Chords plans box set for 2007

Contributed by ben_conoley. Posted by chris on Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 12:05 AM (EST)

Fat Wreck Chords

Fat Wreck Chords plans on releasing a three-disc box set sometime in the new year focusing on bands the label has worked with. While the line-up of of bands contributing has yet to be finalized, it is expected to contain one disc of studio material, one disc of live songs, with the final disc being made up of alternate takes or demos. Expect it in the later half of 2007.

alrighty, I know that fat is not putting the Strung Out and Mad Caddies on LP because they are too long and Fat Mike doesnt want to comprmise the realease. Which is cool

However i read that they had some special vinyl releases or projects up their sleeve to make up for this. Anyone know what is in the works?

just curious if that info has been relaesed yet.

its not compromise the release as much as it is cost prohibitive... they'd both have to be double LP to be released, and then you're looking at big price point.. not to mention there very little profit in vinyl... and short runs are pretty much profit less.

Guest Admin

we actually tried to see about licensing the strung out on vinyl and they said no. A label like Fat can afford to do 1,000 copies of strung out on double LP and they will sell them, too. I just don't get it.

Oh well

Here it is. I am pretty sure it will be on vinyl:

Fat Wreck Chords plans box set for 2007

Contributed by ben_conoley. Posted by chris on Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 12:05 AM (EST)

Fat Wreck Chords

Fat Wreck Chords plans on releasing a three-disc box set sometime in the new year focusing on bands the label has worked with. While the line-up of of bands contributing has yet to be finalized, it is expected to contain one disc of studio material, one disc of live songs, with the final disc being made up of alternate takes or demos. Expect it in the later half of 2007.

i hope i don't miss this special Fat's retrospective LP.i will keep my eyes on after i so regret that i'm late for NOFX's 12 7".

oh ! Flateliners's LP is in my wish (to pre-order) list too.

• 3 weeks later...

this was a hard thread to find... this boards search function sucks... anyways...

Quote from Fat Wreck

"FAT CLASSIC COLORED VINYL SERIES!!!

While we were standing around scratching our heads trying to figure out how the hell we were going to cut up all those Gimmes cowboy 7 inches into squares, we thought…why not confuse the crap out of you and announce another awesome vinyl project we have coming up but NOT tell you the release date. Ha ha ha, now that’s a “Fat classic”! In the very near future we are going to start re-issuing some of our classic LP’s on colored vinyl. We are going to start with Lagwagon’s Duh which originally made it’s debut on Oct. 1st, 1992 and who knows where we’ll end up…maybe at the end of a long line or with something that needs to be cleaned. Ever wonder how a record is made? Watch this and this."