Oppo UDP-203 4K Bluray player

Looks like Oppo is positioning their new 4K Bluray player as a direct replacement for the BDP-103 with a $499 MSRP.  Pretty attractive (and a little surprising) given that competing players from Sony/Samsung are still sitting around $400.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2016/09/23/hands-on-with-the-oppo-udp-203-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player/amp/

Very interesting, I'll be curious to see how it performs in person.

Personally I'm going to hold off on a 4K BD player -- at least until next year -- due to overall lack of discs/content. For now, streaming 4K and upscaled 1080p blu rays will have to do. 

24 minutes ago, ajxd said:

Damn and I bought a 103 earlier this year.

That is a bummer.  I was surprised that they didn't introduce a 4k player alongside their current lineup rather than as a replacement.   

Right now the BDP-103 is still a popular choice at $500 when the competition has products in the $50 range.  If they really do release the 203 at $500 MSRP versus $400 players from Sony/Samsung/Panasonic, they should get a lot of attention.