PO NOW Roddy Woomble - My Secret Is My Silence

This is a must have for any Idlewild fan, Roddy Woomble's 2006 debut solo folk album My Secret Is My Silence being pressed for the first time on wax by Pure Records. Releasing on the 10th October 2016.

612MFH2q2pL.jpg

A special vinyl release to mark the 10 year anniverary of ‘My Secret is My Silence’.

Release date 10/10/16. Now available for pre-order.
In 2006 Roddy Woomble, Idlewild’s front man and lead singer, took time out to work on this solo project with a host of fantastic singers and musicians, including Kate Rusby, Karine Polwart, Dave Burland, David Gow and Ailidh Lennon from Sons & Daughters, Rod Jones from Idlewild, Michael Angus, Michael McGoldrick, Ian Carr, Andy Cutting just to name a few!

Track list
1 I came in from the mountain
2 As still as I watch your grave
3 Every line of a long moment
4 My secret is my silence
5 Act IV
6 From the drifter to the drake
7 If I could name any name
8 Whiskeyface
9 Waverley steps
10 Under my breath
11 Play me something

https://www.purerecords.net/product/my-secret-is-my-silence-vinyl

• 2 weeks later...

No response from Pure on quantity but mine has just arrived. It's not a gatefold but has a printed inner sleeve with the lyrics on one side and a photo on the other (will post pictures tomorrow) vinyl doesn't feel like 180gm I'd estimate it at 150gm.

Packaging was a bit light on padding so mine got a minor crease but that doesn't fuss me. I'm no audiophile but I'll spin it tomorrow and let people know if there's any significant issues with the sound quality.

I'm not certain of the weight I'm just going by how heavy it felt in hand so I could be way off as its 1 in the morning over here and I'm probably beyond my best reasoning. Maybe the 200gm quote on the page is including the cardboard it came in and its closer to 160gm I dunno...

14716245_10157600913565181_7894280218034

Just played it start to finish and apart from a few pops at the end that are probably down to dust there are no major issues with the sound quality that my untrained ears could detect. Also I'm pretty certain this weighs 150gm now as I weighed it. Also on my previous 1AM post I neglected to mention IT DOES NOT COME WITH A DOWNLOAD CARD and judging by the lack of answers I got when I emailed Pure records if you contact them for a download I don't think they'll even bother responding.

I've had the CD since 2006 so the lack of downloads wasn't a deal-breaker but I recognize it may be for some of you. Overall I'm very happy with the finished product.

• 3 weeks later...