VC- Virgil : Any 3rd wave Ska Records?

i will make it my life's goal to get all the ska I can find for VC. keep the suggestions coming.

Thank you very much!

Any band on MOON would be good, Slackers, Hepcat, Toasters, Pietasters, Johnny Socko's Full Trucker Effect (asian Man records), Let's go Bowling, Bad Manners, New York Ska Jazz Ensemble, etc...

I'm not a big fan of "ska-punk", but if you need some suggestions : Less Than Jake, Mustard Plug, Aquabats, Slapstick, Buck-o-Nine (28 teeth is a great record, on TvT i think), Edna's Goldfish, Mad Caddies, The Planet Smahsers, The Kingpins

I don't know i folder stuff is available? Desmond Dekker, Laurel Aitken, Don Drummond, Toots...Just a few suggestions!

Thank you once again!

Wow, those bands all suck.

How about some GOOD ska music?

Some Dance Hall Crashers? The Hippos? Suicide Machines? High School Football Heroes? Specials? Mad Caddies?

I have officially removed myself from anything neotrad related.

Although I would probably enjoy a Pietasters show.

you come across really braindead in alot of threads.. all the bands he mentioned are amazing. there wasn't alot of 3rd wave ska on vinyl... moon and stubborn only put out a couple 7", the bands on hellcat got really limited lp releases... and the others probably had nothing.

I pretty much am braindead.

I just can't get into a lot of those bands, but the Slackers are amazing live. It's kind of funny I saw them with the Phenomonauts who were also very entertaining but very boring on recording.

I wish more ska would get pressed.

I recently picked up No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom and I'm glad I did.

I want some LTJ stuff too, oh well.

And yes, I can understand why you like those bands, but they just don't do anything for me, sorry for coming off as a jackass.

good luck finding any of the good stuff from the 90's on vinyl. i've been searching and searching, and i'm afraid it's just not out there.

most of the slackers stuff is still readily available. most of all the ska that asian man did is still available. and if you do some searching you can find the classics like aitken and dekker. the majority of the bands that were on moon in the 90's never got vinyl treatment except for a few seven inches here and there, same with stubborn. and good luck finding anything that was on kingpin or some of the smaller labels.

i'd love to find some things by bands like the siren six!, skavoovie & the epitones, the parka kings, easy big fella...all the really good traditional stuff from that time. but i'm pretty sure none of it was ever pressed on vinyl. i'm afraid that until someone tries to get the rights to press it now, you'll never find it. but let's keep our fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...