VC- Virgil : Any 3rd wave Ska Records?

Hi!

I was just wondering if it would be possible for you to get some ska records in your store.

Or at least if someone could tell me about a website to buy some records from bands like

The Slackers

The Toasters

Let's Go Bowling

Hepcat

Johnny Socko

The Pietasters

The Adjusters

Dr Ring Ding

The Skalars,

Etc...

You get the idea!

Thank You!

Wow, those bands all suck.

How about some GOOD ska music?

Some Dance Hall Crashers? The Hippos? Suicide Machines? High School Football Heroes? Specials? Mad Caddies?

I have officially removed myself from anything neotrad related.

Although I would probably enjoy a Pietasters show.

The Hippos haven't pressed any records, I believe Suicide machines only have some old OOP 7"'s, and the VC store has Mad Caddies records. Aside from The Specials, the others you named wouldn't be getting my money if VC carried them, anyways.

He was just suggesting bands for VC to carry. It isn't a "name the best ska band" thread. (It scares me thinking about that thread.)

Guest genericinsight

Yet you mentioned the Specials as far as your "good" ska music goes...

Ok..i googled it, and i still don't get it..Maybe because i'm a dumb french canadian?

there was a show on nickelodeon called kablam and they used the beginning of two tone army as the theme song

Thank you very much!

To bouncingsoles123 : I don't want to start shit. I'm just asking. These are bands I like, we can't all Love the same bands don't you think? In french we say "Les goûts ne se discutent pas", it translate as something like " You can't discust personal taste".

there was a show on nickelodeon called kablam and they used the beginning of two tone army as the theme song

Thank you very much!

To bouncingsoles123 : I don't want to start shit. I'm just asking. These are bands I like, we can't all Love the same bands don't you think? In french we say "Les goûts ne se discutent pas", it translate as something like " You can't discust personal taste".

How about: there's no accounting for taste. That's what my dad says every time he hears any ska. If I didn't like Dylan, he and I probably wouldn't talk.

Wow, those bands all suck.

How about some GOOD ska music?

Some Dance Hall Crashers? The Hippos? Suicide Machines? High School Football Heroes? Specials? Mad Caddies?

you come across really braindead in alot of threads.. all the bands he mentioned are amazing. there wasn't alot of 3rd wave ska on vinyl... moon and stubborn only put out a couple 7", the bands on hellcat got really limited lp releases... and the others probably had nothing.

Guest baseball

I too would be interested in a lot of that stuff. I've only ever made a legitimate effort to get Slackers stuff, since they're my favorite ska band of all time :).

Better Late Than Never - got from Stubborn Records

Redlight - got off GEMM, from Europe

The Question - got off GEMM, from Europe

Wasted Days - traded for, seen on GEMM i think

Close My Eyes - interpunk or ebay BIN

Peculiar - interpunk or ebay BIN

Virgil stocks Hepcat - Scientific sometimes. I think I've seen a Pietasters album or two on Interpunk/ebay BIN.

I have heard some stuff about the newest Slackers album getting pressed, but I don't know if anything's final so I won't say anything else about that.

I too would be interested in a lot of that stuff. I've only ever made a legitimate effort to get Slackers stuff, since they're my favorite ska band of all time :).

Better Late Than Never - got from Stubborn Records

Redlight - got off GEMM, from Europe

The Question - got off GEMM, from Europe

Wasted Days - traded for, seen on GEMM i think

Close My Eyes - interpunk or ebay BIN

Peculiar - interpunk or ebay BIN

Virgil stocks Hepcat - Scientific sometimes. I think I've seen a Pietasters album or two on Interpunk/ebay BIN.

I have heard some stuff about the newest Slackers album getting pressed, but I don't know if anything's final so I won't say anything else about that.

Ok thanks i'll check interpunk and some euro Distro, but i don't really want to pay 30$ with shipping for an lp!

The only one have have is scientific from hepcat, available from here and BYO records. I also have some madness 7", the Special s/t, The Toasters - Recrimination EP, an aquabats 7", and maybe 2 or 3 other ska records.