Comics (possible spoilers)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having to re-arrange your enitre shelf b/c you got an absolute edition = ugh.

taking ~70 tpb's off the shelf, only to move the shelf 1 notch up and then put all of them back on is annoying.

word of warning: absolute editions are awesome, they are also too big for normal shelf spacing.

Mine fit perfectly in my expedit! haha

having to re-arrange your enitre shelf b/c you got an absolute edition = ugh.

taking ~70 tpb's off the shelf, only to move the shelf 1 notch up and then put all of them back on is annoying.

word of warning: absolute editions are awesome, they are also too big for normal shelf spacing.

Mine fit perfectly in my expedit! haha

yeah, well, i live 8 hours away from the nearest ikea, and i am not about to spend $150 on shipping.

does anybody else find it frustrating what dc/vertigo is doing with their trade re-releases? you want to compile 2 trades into a hardcover? fine, makes sense, people do it all the time. but have any of you seen what they're doing with the new transmetropolitan trades?

vol 1:

old edition - issues 1-3

new edition - issues 1-6

vol 2:

old edition - 4-12

new edition - 7-12

vol 3:

old edition - 13-18 + winter's edge II story

new edition - 13-18

vol 4:

old edition - 19-24 + winter's edge III story

new edition - 19-24 + winter's edge II and III story

it's like, seriously? come on guys, how hard is it to just keep things in print and consistent? if someone missed out on chunks of singles, or didn't get all the trades the first time around they're most likely going to end up double buying.

I've always wanted to read it, I love most of Ellis's work.

Also Here's something that you all will like

Here is a series is prints that I've been working on over the last semester. For my honors thesis I Incorporated comic characters in classic works that held similar meanings to the history and characteristics of the heroes. I have about 10 copies of each print available so let me know if you are interested. If there is a large response, I would love to make more if money permits it (I printed on as much posterboard as I could afford 2 weeks ago). Also, these are all screen prints so t shirts are available on request. (I'll ship in tubes, not sure what shipping will be, but it should be reasonable).

[image]

School of Xavier's

[image]

The Roar-

[image]

The Futurist

[image]

Asgardian of Days

[image]

Spidey

[image]

Baby Hellboy

[image]

Mjolnir

does anybody else find it frustrating what dc/vertigo is doing with their trade re-releases? you want to compile 2 trades into a hardcover? fine, makes sense, people do it all the time. but have any of you seen what they're doing with the new transmetropolitan trades?

vol 1:

old edition - issues 1-3

new edition - issues 1-6

vol 2:

old edition - 4-12

new edition - 7-12

vol 3:

old edition - 13-18 + winter's edge II story

new edition - 13-18

vol 4:

old edition - 19-24 + winter's edge III story

new edition - 19-24 + winter's edge II and III story

it's like, seriously? come on guys, how hard is it to just keep things in print and consistent? if someone missed out on chunks of singles, or didn't get all the trades the first time around they're most likely going to end up double buying.

I don't even know what that means, but I look forward to finally owning a hardcover version of this.

small week this week:

batman: battle for the cowl #3 - on the whole, i've heard most of the tie-ins for this have been pretty bad, i've liked the battle for the cowl mini series ok, so i'll pick up the last one. but honestly, i'm less excited for what is coming next in the batman series than i am for greg rucka and jh williams doing batwoman in detective comics.

wolverine noir #2 - eh, this is just kind of a "why not?" kinda purchase, the first one was good enough to keep reading.

my pull for this week...

Hellblazer #255

Jack of Fables #34

Doctor Who: Time Machination one-shot

Transformers: All Hail Megatron #11 - (If anyone is a fan of Transformers, you should be buying this book. Best Transformers series I have read.)

Brave and the Bold #23 - (don't normally pick this book up, but the Booster Gold/Magog story sounds interesting.)

i've heard that all hail megatron is actually really awesome, i've been loving the cover art, but haven't taken the jump into the issues, usually if i'm 6+ issues late on a series i'll just wait for the trade, unless i'm really really interested (i bought the first 6 issues of unknown soldier at once.)