This will destroy you- self titled vinyl info

jaaake

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually just ordered a second copy of the "young mountain" lp. i already have a gold one in the oatmeal sleeve so i figured i'd grab a clear version in the brown sleeve while i still could.

Guest falloutcollapse
i actually just ordered a second copy of the "young mountain" lp. i already have a gold one in the oatmeal sleeve so i figured i'd grab a clear version in the brown sleeve while i still could.

Agh, I missed out on the oatmeal cover, so I'm gonna grab the other two tonight along with this one as soon as I get my thread up on here with stuff I need to get rid of.

after looking at the cover a bit more, i've decided it's not that bad (especially if it didn't have the eagle, then i'd be really into it; sorry, i'm canadian). a beaver would have been freaking amazing.

that is an awful fucking album cover.

unless it was on the side of a van, that's lame.

why is it awful? because they aren't conforming to the whole post-rock band aesthetics? quoting brent (runs magic bullet): "They're four dudes from Texas who like sweet shit like eagles and wolves and lightning. A lot."

so yes, the album cover isn't a picture of some vast expanse in the middle of nowhere, and it isn't some abstract art trying to convey a message, it's just what they felt like putting on the cover. not all bands are going to be totally SO serious and so into their band as something more than music.

Guest nickman

Brent_Eyestone posted this on November 3rd, 2007 @ 9:34:07 pm

Indeed, let it never be said that the band or label take this current bullshit "postrock" "art" schtick/trend seriously.