STD - Sound the Alarm limited to 70

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope - I checked that out when it was first mentioned here and before I contacted him today. He said he was going to look into it and get back to me.

Hey man, any news on these for nerdalert? Date when you expect them, pressing, shipping, etc..

I was told today that they would be in Cobraside's hands any day now. My guess is, for whatever reason, the shipping from the plant to them is taking forever. Still no word on anything else regarding the record and I don't think they'll have anything to share until they get them since I know I'm not the only one with an exclusive color (VC color exclusive, duh ;)) and my guess is they are just going to pick the color at random.

Maybe they are having the same problem that Dave at Jailhouse had when us and VC both got our Pink Lincolns records a week before he did, heh. :P

same here by no means does this sound bad but i wouldnt exactly qualify this as something an "audiophile" would back. the bass/low ends sound good but its nothing out of the ordinary. same with the packaging, while its nice and all its nothing to piss yourself over.

I don't have the best ears for that kind of stuff, but its nice to know that I wasn't insane to think that calling this the audiophile's version to be a bit of a misstatement, hehe. ;D

So when I looked the other day there was a copy of the blue/white STA up on eBay but it said '0 Available' under all the 'Buy It Now' stuff. Anyway, I just checked again and tried to order one and it went through. So whether it's out of /35, /70 or /2001, I'm not too fussed. It seems like a nice colour. I would've liked the red/white one but I didn't have the money. OH WELLZ.

Also, must remember to pre-order FSF and Lifetime S/T repress tomorrow when I get paid.

Yo, also, just checked out the item description on Nerd Alert, can't believe that nobody has picked up on the pressing info at the bottom of the page:

1st Pressing: 1,550 on Colored Vinyl (exact numbers currently unknown), 300 on Colored Vinyl (Nerd Alert Records exclusive), 75 Clear Blue & White (FM Muzik exclusive), 75 Clear Red & White (FM Muzik exclusive)

Is this because that has been updated recently? Also, a very quick check for 'FM Muzik' on Google only really brings up Muzik FM, a Malaysian Radio Channel, I'm pretty sure that a Maylasian Radio Channel wouldn't have 150 exclusive copies of a STD record, haha, so maybe someone else can shed some light on this? Maybe me being in the UK means I don't know about another FM Muzik?

The plot thickens, and now my head hurts.

1st Pressing: 1,550 on Colored Vinyl (exact numbers currently unknown), 300 on Colored Vinyl (Nerd Alert Records exclusive), 75 Clear Blue & White (FM Muzik exclusive), 75 Clear Red & White (FM Muzik exclusive)

clear blue/white and clear red/white were the ebay colors.

Yeah I figured that, maybe they should be listed as 'ebay exclusive' instead of 'FM Muzik exclusive' huh? Haha.

i just recieved my copies and they sound fantastic,

i think most of you guys are missing the boat on this release

this is 3 color hand press, which means that they would have to cut new lacquers, and make separate stampers at least 4 sets of each for each color, because they break easily ,thats probably why its expensive and probably done somehwhere else,

who the hell cares, thats what collecting is all about its not suppose to happen at the same time

Okay, so I'm bad at math, heh. ;P

Based on Cobraside taking down their comment in their catalog about this being a 3,000 pressing and DM's auction listing that says 2,000 is the total number, I broke it down by what has been made public. Its by no means based on anything else. All I know is we have 300, DM had two batches of 70 (I got FM Muzik from the label on my STA records he sent me this week) and that leaves 1,560 left of unknown variety. Well, obviously somewhere in there is black but we've got no number for that, so.

Okay, hopefully that chills the confusion I made by being retarded with numbers. I get all raptor-armed when it comes to math, heh. ;)

yeah, told you, just sent him a nice email asking if he could explain why these records where so expensive

his response , we all need to just calm down , this is suppose to be vinyl collective !!!!

yes, these records are made on totally old machines that were used to make those blue note jazz records back in the day, the colors have to be put together by hand and then warmed up on a heating station,

its a tedious process that takes a long time and its all done manually, the damage to the stampers is severe because of the temperature changes,therefore you need about 4 sets of stampers to make atleast 50 to 100 , so at $150 for each side of stamper its not cheap, these stampers can not be used to make the other records that is coming out for nerd alert, black ones etc . regular release, they are different configuration and different dyes,

we commissioned these just for us, its costs us about $20.66 to make each one,

obviously if we made more the price would go down , we could have also listed each one every week to sell auction style,

but this was done as a labor of love and to promote the release, actually now looking back at it we see that most people

dont understand how vinyl is made , we did mention collectors edition and if they are truly vinyl collectors they would have some clue , all this info is available online, there has been several customers sending us links and letting us know some folks are not happy, these so called unhappy people spread false information and created all this un-necessary emails, and we want to thank all the people

that forwarded these "unhappy customer base"emails to us, we have seen all those folks who complained about the Alkaline trio colors, green sold for $103 several weeks ago,

grey which over 500+ sold for $64, so obviously these a few unhappy customers who also purchased UTB blue/white clearly states 70, were ok to pay for that, these guys wanted to use the records as bait,

and we are not down with that, a handful of folks creating just NOISE.....

thanks for your time

cheers

yeah, told you, just sent him a nice email asking if he could explain why these records where so expensive

his response , we all need to just calm down , this is suppose to be vinyl collective !!!!

yes, these records are made on totally old machines that were used to make those blue note jazz records back in the day, the colors have to be put together by hand and then warmed up on a heating station,

its a tedious process that takes a long time and its all done manually, the damage to the stampers is severe because of the temperature changes,therefore you need about 4 sets of stampers to make atleast 50 to 100 , so at $150 for each side of stamper its not cheap, these stampers can not be used to make the other records that is coming out for nerd alert, black ones etc . regular release, they are different configuration and different dyes,

we commissioned these just for us, its costs us about $20.66 to make each one,

obviously if we made more the price would go down , we could have also listed each one every week to sell auction style,

but this was done as a labor of love and to promote the release, actually now looking back at it we see that most people

dont understand how vinyl is made , we did mention collectors edition and if they are truly vinyl collectors they would have some clue , all this info is available online, there has been several customers sending us links and letting us know some folks are not happy, these so called unhappy people spread false information and created all this un-necessary emails, and we want to thank all the people

that forwarded these "unhappy customer base"emails to us, we have seen all those folks who complained about the Alkaline trio colors, green sold for $103 several weeks ago,

grey which over 500+ sold for $64, so obviously these a few unhappy customers who also purchased UTB blue/white clearly states 70, were ok to pay for that, these guys wanted to use the records as bait,

and we are not down with that, a handful of folks creating just NOISE.....

thanks for your time

cheers

Let me just share with you a little bit of advice. Trust me, this will go a long, long, long way to keeping you from having to waste your time constantly explaining yourself.

Don't be so defensive.

Period, that's it. If you trace back this thread, nearly all the comments that come from people who bought the record were those involving your response to their questions and concerns. I don't know what all these emails send, and I'm sure they weren't all polite, but I know that a lot of them were and their posting of your comments showed a very defensive, at times downright rude, seller. Then it just ballooned from there.

If people have a question regarding your product and you reply in such defensive ways, you couldn't appear more suspicious. This all started because your listing was incorrect and it appeared as if it was being left unchanged to confuse buyers as to just how collectible their record was going to be - last time I checked, that would put the fault on you.

Come on, man, this is a people hobby and business and we need to treat our customers like we would like to be treated. Virgil and his peeps here at VC do a damn good job at being helpful and courteous to their customers and their needs. I don't know why you expected, when presented with the opposite, that your customers wouldn't revolt. Some may say we're spoiled, but I say this is how it should be and that others should follow in VC's example.

No one really cares about the price, the collectability, pressing info, cost or whatever - this has been, and will always be - a question of honesty.

PS: Attempting to pose as a customer to pimp your record is pretty immature and amateur, don't you think?

PPS: You may want to refrain from attacking how people view collecting records - not gonna win ya over any supporters.

• 2 weeks later...