Atom & His Package - S/T and Society of People Named Elihu

Ever think to yourself about an option? A different way to be?

And with those words the world was introduced to Atom & His Package. In an era of cookie cutter hardcore and pop punk acts, this Philadelphian one man punk rock machine delivered one of the most unique albums the punk scene had seen in years. The spiritual successor of bands like The Dead Milkmen, and They Might Be Giants, Atom and His Package’s first track “Avenger” was the bizarre story of taking revenge on his enemies, running away to an island with the love of his life, and solving the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in the Middle East…. And it just got better from there. He quickly became the single most controversial act in all of punk, people going as far as taking out ads bashing him in fanzines or banning his labels’ ads from them because he wasn’t punk/hardcore enough for them. Those people were idiots. Atom injected something that was sorely lacking in our scene…. FUN.  He played the weirdest bills… I saw him with hardcore bands, old school punk bands, ska bands, emo/screamo bands, even a trip-hop band etc. I traveled 1,000 miles to see his “reunion” show at FEST 7, and it was one of the greatest shows I’ve ever seen.

He reminded us that we were pretty much all nerds and got into this music because we were “uncool”. His music was great. It was sometimes silly, it was sometimes obnoxious, it was sometimes so beautifully simple and honest that it was perfect. We’re extremely happy to have the opportunity to reissue his first two records partnered with our friends at Toxic Toast Records – Atom and His Package (first time ever on vinyl!) and Society of People Named Elihu (first time on vinyl in the US!) for all of the people who love Atom as much as we do.  So here’s to love songs to new age artists, leaving your friends and family to hang out with black metal bands, and praising Rob Halford for destroying metal stereotypes. 

Additionally, for every copy  Asbestos Records sells, we will be making a donation to www.translifeline.com . It’s our 2nd fundraiser for them, and they’re really an incredible charity doing great work. 

Atom and His Package – S/T  (Purple Vinyl /250  - Green Vinyl /250)
Atom and His Package - Society of People Named Elihu  (Yellow Vinyl /250 – Blue Vinyl /250)

Get your copies now at www.asbestosrecords.bigcartel.com  or toxictoastrecords.com 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, yeah_totally said:

Ever think to yourself about an option? A different way to be?

And with those words the world was introduced to Atom & His Package. In an era of cookie cutter hardcore and pop punk acts, this Philadelphian one man punk rock machine delivered one of the most unique albums the punk scene had seen in years. The spiritual successor of bands like The Dead Milkmen, and They Might Be Giants, Atom and His Package’s first track “Avenger” was the bizarre story of taking revenge on his enemies, running away to an island with the love of his life, and solving the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in the Middle East…. And it just got better from there. He quickly became the single most controversial act in all of punk, people going as far as taking out ads bashing him in fanzines or banning his labels’ ads from them because he wasn’t punk/hardcore enough for them. Those people were idiots. Atom injected something that was sorely lacking in our scene…. FUN.  He played the weirdest bills… I saw him with hardcore bands, old school punk bands, ska bands, emo/screamo bands, even a trip-hop band etc. I traveled 1,000 miles to see his “reunion” show at FEST 7, and it was one of the greatest shows I’ve ever seen.

He reminded us that we were pretty much all nerds and got into this music because we were “uncool”. His music was great. It was sometimes silly, it was sometimes obnoxious, it was sometimes so beautifully simple and honest that it was perfect. We’re extremely happy to have the opportunity to reissue his first two records partnered with our friends at Toxic Toast Records – Atom and His Package (first time ever on vinyl!) and Society of People Named Elihu (first time on vinyl in the US!) for all of the people who love Atom as much as we do.  So here’s to love songs to new age artists, leaving your friends and family to hang out with black metal bands, and praising Rob Halford for destroying metal stereotypes. 

Additionally, for every copy  Asbestos Records sells, we will be making a donation to www.translifeline.com . It’s our 2nd fundraiser for them, and they’re really an incredible charity doing great work. 

Atom and His Package – S/T  (Purple Vinyl /250  - Green Vinyl /250)
Atom and His Package - Society of People Named Elihu  (Yellow Vinyl /250 – Blue Vinyl /250)

Get your copies now at www.asbestosrecords.bigcartel.com  or toxictoastrecords.com 

thank you for posting... so glad I was able to get both and contribute to Translifeline at the same time... never thought anyone would care to repress these in America!