weezer-maladroit. . . .

A song from this came up on my iPod tonight and it reminded me of how good this record actually is. It's incredibly underappreciated, and I'd rather listen to it than the Green Album or Make Believe any day of the week, I think.

"Slave," "Slob," "Death & Destruction" and "Keep Fishin'" are all in the top tier of Weezer songs, without a doubt.

does anyone remember when some demos leaked from this and burndt jamb was just an insturmental?

I think if it stayed like that on the album it would have been clutch. Don't really get the "gothic flavor"

"Slave," "Slob," "Death & Destruction" and "Keep Fishin'" are all in the top tier of Weezer songs, without a doubt.

and yes

Guest conoley
after pinkerton, they don't exist in my mind.

Literally? I am confident they still exist and will accept bets. I'm laying 100:1 odds.

Dude. I fucking love weezer. I don't understand a lot of the hate that some people have for them. Yeah, some of their songs are cheesy but, dude....If your first album is the blue album, you've really got high standards to reach for the rest of your career.

yeah...and those high standards are called PINKERTON.

They should have honestly broken up and Rivers could have done a solo band that could have been the last 4 albums and no one would have judged them...then they could have saved up good songs and gotten back together and recorded a great record again, not 4 albums with a 7"s worth of good material on each.

• 1 year later...