lauren

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest falloutcollapse
wow, this thread got shitty fast

haha it's very true

I've actually been meaning to check these guys out.

Where should I start?

Young Mountain EP. It's delicious. They are pretty much like Explosions in the Sky, but they are really really good. You can still get it on vinyl, but make sure you get the 140g on black, because it really deserves it. It's ridiculously good. When the electro beats kick in, it's like heaven.

hahaha i will unfortunately never forget that video as long as i live.

as for this will destroy you, they do have a myspace. my favorite on young mountain is "i believe in your voice", but i'm really into the new stuff as well.

It's "i believe in your victory".

Anyway, they are a great band and Young Mountain is a fantastic album. I first got it when it just came out but I also just bought a second copy of it because I like it so much. Also, they do sound similar to Explosions in the Sky, but also very different as well. And while I do like Eits, I find that they get boring sometimes, however This Will Destroy You doesn't.

hahaha i will unfortunately never forget that video as long as i live.

as for this will destroy you, they do have a myspace. my favorite on young mountain is "i believe in your voice", but i'm really into the new stuff as well.

It's "i believe in your victory".

Anyway, they are a great band and Young Mountain is a fantastic album. I first got it when it just came out but I also just bought a second copy of it because I like it so much. Also, they do sound similar to Explosions in the Sky, but also very different as well. And while I do like Eits, I find that they get boring sometimes, however This Will Destroy You doesn't.

i couldnt get into EITS but this mob are excellent.

this is a costly pre-order though (for me in UK). hopefully, i'll have more money soon and i can sort one

i'd just rather spend $30 on a couple of records and get them in the mail right away, not wait two months. see also: minus the bear. only joking. i'm sure this album will be amazing and i'll end up pre-ordering by the end of next week.

still havent preordered this. for whatever reason, i just dont feel like having my 20 bucks sitting somewhere being held for this record for another 6 weeks. kind of irritating.

Well it shouldn't sell out before the preorder is over considering Young Mountain was a press of 1,000 and is still available. I assume the new record will be either at least 1,000 copies or else 1,500 - 2,000. Anyway, I'll still preorder it, Brent deserves my money for putting this out and running a great label.

I'm angry though that there's a tour-only cd release of the new album limited to 250 copies, since the tour isn't coming anywhere near me.