PO: The Ghost Inside - The Ghost Inside (June 5)

The bassist had a genuine apology and learned to stop his racist ways which is the end goal that we want for all racists, right? To stop being racist? So instead of accepting his acknowledgement and change, they kick him out. I don't believe the band when they said they thought it was "a rumor." Like, what? Just ask him and the people involved. Sit everyone down together and talk. That doesn't take 5 years or however long it was. I'd say the band is more in the wrong for trying to act like it didn't happen all along and then kicking him out. Sounds like they're more afraid to confront racism than the bassist. That's just my take. I don't know every in and out of the situation. If someone is going to learn to stop being racist and continue to make efforts to do such we should accept them. Pretty sure if I almost died with my bandmates I wouldn't kick one out over something they've recognized as wrong.

Edited by N8TRU

18 hours ago, Portsi said:

This Rashod has a homophobic history and has called people "f*ggots" in social media. What a hypocrite..  

Im not defending what Jim the bass player did, what he said was not ok.

But it was five years ago and people can change. We all have done stupid stuff in the past. He apologized and seemed genuinely sorry and wanting to change as a person. But no second changes for anyone? Lets burn their records and make sure that Jim never plays again.

Actually Kerry McCoy from Deafheaven proved in Twitter Court that f-bombing people is not a cancellable offense. Why anybody famous would ever touch social media remains a mystery to me