LANDMINES LP's now available from Paper+Plastik

Yeah Bathroom. the Art is amazing, and it comes with a download. But if it was like, Purple Vinyl? I am sure there aren't 10,000 of these and probably somewhere closer to 1,000. And the music is worth it. So, don't buy it because someday it will be gone and you will be kicking yourself.

I didn't think people really cared about limited colored vinyl and will only buy records because of that. it's fucking moronic and it shocks me. i hope those people stop "collecting" soon.

So I guess that you're saying that VC shouldn't be selling multi-packs of the different colored vinyl of the same record then?

I don't go around flipping records on Ebay for extra cash, I'm just saying that it shows more effort was put into a release when it's more specialized ie, hand numbered/colored/limited release. I always thought the whole reason why indy labels started customizing their releases was to make the comsumer feel special like they were in a special niche. If i wanted to get a run of the mill mass produced piece of shit, I would have just sticked with CDs

I have to go with bathroom on this. I have dug landmines for a long time now and I'm skipping over this release because there is really nothing special. Lets face it, we all love pretty packaging and hand numbered shit, anything that seperates an item from the pack and makes it unique. The bottom line is with all the releases coming out I am really short on cash and I am skipping out on this release because I feel like it can wait if I ever want it. If it was something really cool I would just throw down for it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it as putting in more effort because you told the pressing plant to make 7 of one color or anything.

the record is great, if you are passing it and just gonna get it on itunes, i guess you aren't a true collector of vinyl. You do realize that this could be the only pressing of this, no matter what the numbers, and once it is gone it's gonna be ebay, or a 2nd press and you'll be bumming. I guess. I dunno. I buy records i want because i want them and i love the bands, not because they are on splatter vinyl and come with free limited photos of the band members dicks. you guys are weird.

why does everybody neglect the fact that if you want a true QUALITY record, you cant use color vinyl and all of that. the best sound quality comes on black vinyl.

I buy records i want because i want them and i love the bands, not because they are on splatter vinyl and come with free limited photos of the band members dicks. you guys are weird.

DUDE BUT HOW COME I CANT BUY 10 COPIES AND COLLECT THEM! THESE ARENT FOR LISTENING SERIOUSLY! I DONT BUY VINYL CUZ IT SOUNDS BETTER I BUY VINYLZ CUZ THEY COOOOOL

I don't see it as putting in more effort because you told the pressing plant to make 7 of one color or anything.

the record is great, if you are passing it and just gonna get it on itunes, i guess you aren't a true collector of vinyl. You do realize that this could be the only pressing of this, no matter what the numbers, and once it is gone it's gonna be ebay, or a 2nd press and you'll be bumming. I guess. I dunno. I buy records i want because i want them and i love the bands, not because they are on splatter vinyl and come with free limited photos of the band members dicks. you guys are weird.

Because collecting harder to find stuff is fun. I want this record and I'm sure its great but when there are other things I want to order and I only have so much cash I'm going to go with the one thats more limited or cooler. I mean if I like one record just as much as another why wouldn't I boil my decision down to how limited or unique it is?

why does everybody neglect the fact that if you want a true QUALITY record, you cant use color vinyl and all of that. the best sound quality comes on black vinyl.
I buy records i want because i want them and i love the bands, not because they are on splatter vinyl and come with free limited photos of the band members dicks. you guys are weird.

DUDE BUT HOW COME I CANT BUY 10 COPIES AND COLLECT THEM! THESE ARENT FOR LISTENING SERIOUSLY! I DONT BUY VINYL CUZ IT SOUNDS BETTER I BUY VINYLZ CUZ THEY COOOOOL

i like to hang them on my walls. they look like calendars.

this thread is blowing my mind.

I am so confused. You kids are fucking weird.

I buy records i want, records that are good, and not because they are hard to get but because i want to listen to them.

so um, cool.

I think your missing the point that I'm passing this up for now because I know I will be able to buy it at a later time most likely without a problem.

wow...this thread really escalated quickly.

all banter aside. i bought this....HOWEVER, i noticed that i didnt get charged anything for shipping. was just the 12 bucks for the record. did anyone else have this problem or is it just because im in australia??

i emailed P+P bout it...

I think your missing the point that I'm passing this up for now because I know I will be able to buy it at a later time most likely without a problem.

yeah but the bathroom kid, not so much.

he wanted to pass up a first press for some wacky colored vinyl in a pop-tarts box or something.

I got charged $33 for the fucking record and the shirt...SHIT SON! Shipping is expensive. Better be in the wood crate that held the arc.

Anyhow, I get that people may not feel the need to jump on these because they'll be around in a week (unlike the white "The '59 Sound"). Hell, I did the same thing with my Akimbo collection (buying the Alternative Tentacles stuff last because it was likely to still be around).

BUT

Simply passing on this record because it isn't explicitly done in a limited color or quantity is whack. It's a good record and I'm sure Paper and Plastick will do a great package with it, plus it's not available in CD. So you can pay $10 for the download or $2 extra bucks ($6 with shipping) for the vinyl and the download. That seems like a simple choice to me (as a vinyl collector), but that's just my thoughts.

yeah but the bathroom kid, not so much.

he wanted to pass up a first press for some wacky colored vinyl in a pop-tarts box or something.

Alright, I gotcha now. I fully want this release I just don't have the cash for much right now and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get this a month or two down the road, I'm guessing that even if I had to resort to the bay it won't be to bad.

labels too are PURPOSELY putting vinyl on 209352345 different colors these days just so people panic and buy one of every color too you guys. dont be a tool in the marketing scam, buy black!

[image]

;);D

but seriously, i agree - if you want the music, and you want it on vinyl, it doesn't matter what color it is. but i have that collector mentality a lot of the times (as i'm sure we all do), so if i'm on the fence or low on cash, i'll put off something that won't sell out in 6 months.

color vinyl is a marketing tool, and i don't think there's anything wrong with that.

hey now... i didn't make the call on our records, and i'm not saying color is bad, but making the decsion NOT to buy a record because its not on color is dumb. if it were up to me every record NB did would be on black.

also, what about records where the super-collectable color is black? whatdya do then?

Guest baseball

So how much is just the record, no package deal?

$12 + ? shipping..

Is this a pre-order or are these already available? I like the record but I'm not interested in pre-ordering anything right now.