LANDMINES LP's now available from Paper+Plastik

http://paperandplastick.bigcartel.com/

So, this is Vinny, who used to run Fueled By Ramen's new label.

I grew up with the Landmines kids, and you know, they make some of the best melodic hardcore these days.

[image]

Formed in the fall of 2005. Landmines play a fast and aggressive yet melodic style hardcore rock n' roll with socially and personally relevant lyrical content and emotion. Landmines call the city of Richmond, VA home but it's membership originates from top to bottom of our great east coast... Boston, Providence, Richmond and Gainesville. The diverse musical backgrounds of the individuals involved lends a fresh and urgent approach to the genre.

http://www.myspace.com/landminesrock

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today our (Landmines) record is officially released. We think it's pretty sweet.

If anyone is interested, it should be in a lot of record stores, it's also available online from our label http://www. myspace. com/paperandplastick

For anyone who doesn't know, the record is only going to be released on Vinyl or as a Digital Download.....no cds. If you buy the Vinyl, it comes with one free digital download so you can get the actual physical record with the lyrics and sweet artwork, then download a version for you to burn a cd or put on your Ipod.

Also, in a month on August 22nd we'll be playing a record release show here in Richmond. It's gonna be at the Canal Club downstairs lounge. This show will also be Ann Beretta's last ever show in Richmond, they're playing this, then the fest in Gainesville and calling it quits for good. Oh, and Weston is playing, fuck yeah.

so ya, there's my ramble.

Guest Admin

hey guys, I want to carry the landmines record and all paper and plastik titles on vinyl collective, been in touch with vinnie and he seems down, but if you can bug him to get us some copies, that would rule. thanks. congrats on the new release.

the shirts, if they are the ones i am thinking of (horsebites, right?), are wicked bad ass.

Yup, he did two designs for em. I love this one because it breaks standard horsebites convention (no disembodied hands or guts or any of that). It's just a fucking wicked image with typical great color by horsebites.

plus... ITS NOT A BLACK SHIRT!!!! thats my favorite part of it.

all records are on black... no colors... all black

$12 for a black non limited edition LP is not a smart business decision. Selling CD/vinyl without any special features is pretty lame considering how easy it is to just download it. I've already spent way too much this month on records to even be temped to buy this no matter how much I like them. Also knowing LTJ's notorious reissue history there is no doubt this will be released in the future with more shit on it anyway.

Yeah Bathroom. the Art is amazing, and it comes with a download. But if it was like, Purple Vinyl? I am sure there aren't 10,000 of these and probably somewhere closer to 1,000. And the music is worth it. So, don't buy it because someday it will be gone and you will be kicking yourself.

I didn't think people really cared about limited colored vinyl and will only buy records because of that. it's fucking moronic and it shocks me. i hope those people stop "collecting" soon.

Yeah Bathroom. the Art is amazing, and it comes with a download. But if it was like, Purple Vinyl? I am sure there aren't 10,000 of these and probably somewhere closer to 1,000. And the music is worth it. So, don't buy it because someday it will be gone and you will be kicking yourself.

I didn't think people really cared about limited colored vinyl and will only buy records because of that. it's fucking moronic and it shocks me. i hope those people stop "collecting" soon.

So I guess that you're saying that VC shouldn't be selling multi-packs of the different colored vinyl of the same record then?

I don't go around flipping records on Ebay for extra cash, I'm just saying that it shows more effort was put into a release when it's more specialized ie, hand numbered/colored/limited release. I always thought the whole reason why indy labels started customizing their releases was to make the comsumer feel special like they were in a special niche. If i wanted to get a run of the mill mass produced piece of shit, I would have just sticked with CDs