jawbreaker vinyl?

Guest kylewilliam

is it really that rare? how much does it usually go for?

Not "rare", but just in the hands or true fans. It seems like after a few years all of a band's vinyl end up in the hands of people who genuinely love the band's music. First come the flippers, then the people who decide they would rather sell off their rare vinyl and just buy common colors or listen to the mp3s and buy multiple records for $8-10. Lastly, come the people who don't want to sell but are forced too or decide to get out of record collecting. Jawbreaker are in this last stage of record collecting where the records are mostly in the hands of true fans and aren't put up for sale that often. Thus, there records usually sell for a nice price and are probably only going to go up in the future as fewer people put them up for sale.

Fuck, that turned into a much longer post than I meant it to. Hopefully it wasn't a bunch of bologna.

is it really that rare? how much does it usually go for?

Fuck, that turned into a much longer post than I meant it to. Hopefully it wasn't a bunch of bologna.

it happens man.

I believe all of the albums (LP and CD) are going to come back on Blackball, including UNFUN. I think that's the long term plan. I'm not sure if that is why the drought or if it is just Revolver taking a breather before another round of pressings happens.

There are THOUSANDS of 24 HR and Bivouac out there. Might not be in stores, but they were in print for years and years. Don't pay too much.

yep, Adam has already remastered UNFUN with the plan to re-release it on vinyl + CD, along with Bivouac and 24 Hour..

I wish I would've stepped up and bought Unfun years ago when it was like $50, but I just can't justify dropping the current prices on one of those.

that being said, if you have Unfun and want to sell it for cheap/trade, hit me up!!!

the variants with the 7"s will kill you (if you go that route). Most are moderately priced from 10-30 for 7"s with some that i have seen go upward to $400.

LPs are pretty pricey. ETC, Dear you (repress), 24 hour..., and Bivouac are pretty easy to find for a decent price. The dear You repress seems that have climbed in price a little bit lately.

I would just see what the repress fairies bring. keep your wallet happy.

I hope Blackball hurries up with the represses. I've been wanting 24 Hour on vinyl for a long time, but could never bring myself to pay the higher cost for it.

I think they're going in order... so you'll have to wait for Unfun and Bivouac first.

You're probably right. I need Unfun anyway, so that's cool. Biv is the only one I have on vinyl, apart from the 'Busy' 7".

the thing that burns me is that I bought the other albums on CD when they were new, which means that i could have opted for the vinyl versions but didn't. Stupid, younger me.

I think they're going in order... so you'll have to wait for Unfun and Bivouac first.

You're probably right. I need Unfun anyway, so that's cool. Biv is the only one I have on vinyl, apart from the 'Busy' 7".

the thing that burns me is that I bought the other albums on CD when they were new, which means that i could have opted for the vinyl versions but didn't. Stupid, younger me.

The re-presses will be similar to Dear You in that they'll have all songs from the recording session on the album. I think Unfun may even get a different mix of "Busy" on it.

There was also an immaculate German bootleg of "dear you" in 2002. It was the same color, real printed jackets, the works. The only difference was a small black bar that ran across the bottom of the back cover explaining why it was bootlegged, etc. Seemed to be fan-made, but who knows. I saw it in Germany and never again. I didn't need it, so I didn't get one. No clue how many were made.

There was also an immaculate German bootleg of "dear you" in 2002. It was the same color, real printed jackets, the works. The only difference was a small black bar that ran across the bottom of the back cover explaining why it was bootlegged, etc. Seemed to be fan-made, but who knows. I saw it in Germany and never again. I didn't need it, so I didn't get one. No clue how many were made.

Here's the info on that version:

A "fan club" (read: bootleg) vinyl edition of Dear You exists; in all likelihood, only 1000 copies were pressed. It attempts to faithfully reproduce the original pressing; even the vinyl is light blue. Lyrics are printed on the record sleeve. On the back cover, the DGC information is covered with a black box that contains the following text: "THIS IS A SPECIAL FAN-EDITION OF THE LEGENDARY DEAR YOU 12" OF JAWBREAKER. MANUFACTURED & DISTRIBUTED ALL OVER THE WORLD BY THE JAWBREAKER FAN CLUB CONNECTION. C & P JAWBREAKER RECORDS 1995. MADE IN EUROPE. ALL RIGHTS BY THE FAN. UNAUTHORIZED DUPLICATION IS NOT A VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAWS."

The ultimate kick-yourself is for any of you who passed on mailing in a postcard to John Yates for the Live /100 LP. Everyone I know who entered got one.

Then again, the unnumbered (also /100) now fetch an even higher premium:

http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=350012191262

On that note, someone sell me

Neurosis - Empty 7"

Buzzoven - To a Frown LP

so that I can complete my Allied collection.

The ultimate kick-yourself is for any of you who passed on mailing in a postcard to John Yates for the Live /100 LP. Everyone I know who entered got one.

Then again, the unnumbered (also /100) now fetch an even higher premium:

http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=350012191262

i remember when i got the postcard that said i won and that he wanted $22 for it.. i was pissed and *almost* didn't do it because i thought it was a ripoff.

thank god i came to me senses and realized what a future-dumb ass i would be if i skipped out on it.

• 1 year later...