playing records at the wrong speed

william

not sure if this thread has been done before but have any played a record on the wrong speed and still enjoyed it?

two off the top of my head i enjoy"

fiona apple's extraordinary machineLP at 45rpm

sonic youth's anagrama 12" at 33rpm

also i remember rocking doubles of quiet riots come on feel the noise 7" at 33rpm with the pitch down. that was more fun than it should have been.

Guest havenhurst

before midnight in america, before witness, before my love my way, i was looking around in a record store and came across a copy of modern life is war's fist 7 inch. i had heard their name from a friend who liked them so i gave it a spin.

33 rpm -oh, this sounds way too slow. it's dragging.

45 rpm -awesome! yelped vocals over raging guitars at a breakneck speed! now this is hardcore!

i never doubted for a second that my first try at 33 was the wrong speed.

and then i heard my love, my way on CD and realized that modern life is war are the slowest hardcore band in the world.

before midnight in america, before witness, before my love my way, i was looking around in a record store and came across a copy of modern life is war's fist 7 inch. i had heard their name from a friend who liked them so i gave it a spin.

33 rpm -oh, this sounds way too slow. it's dragging.

45 rpm -awesome! yelped vocals over raging guitars at a breakneck speed! now this is hardcore!

i never doubted for a second that my first try at 33 was the wrong speed.

and then i heard my love, my way on CD and realized that modern life is war are the slowest hardcore band in the world.

Hahaha, totally true. Still great though.