Why my girlfriend rules (engagement vinyl)

So I'm popping The Question later this year (probably the fall), and my soon-to-be-fiancee has said she's going to hunt down some of the records on my wishlist as an engagement present. She asked for a list. Here's what I came up with off the top of my head:

Lucero - That Much Further West

Lucero - Tennessee

Replacements - I'm in Trouble 7"

Green Day - Nimrod

Lifetime - Hello Bastards

Screeching Weasel - Anthem for a New Tomorrow

Discount - Half Fiction

Pixies - Bossanova

Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly

Rocket From the Crypt - Scream, Dracula, Scream!

Rocket From the Crypt - Circa Now

Jawbreaker - Unfun

Jawbreaker - Chesterfield King EP

Paint it Black - Paradise

Yeah, I know a lot of this stuff isn't super rare (I'm not asking for crazy obscure variants or anything - I want this stuff to play it), but I think it's super cool that she would be willing to even attempt this.

All of that added up is an equal exchange for an engagement ring.

Hell yes. Especially considering the ring isn't going to be that much. We're opposed to the diamond trade in general (and aren't big fans of them anyway), so she just wants sapphires set in white gold. Thank you, government stimulus check!

No, the company gives it out to get their name out there. This lady at my work knows I love free shit (Who wouldn't?), but she had some article from woman weekly or some shit and it had that site in there. They do it to get their name out there, so the article says. Good site to have round mother's day.

Guest afsdan

you know there's ethically sound diamonds out there. There's also synthetic diamonds that comes from well-paid engineers in a lab.

but if they're not you're thing, that's cool. just thought you should know.

I don't understand the idea of spending all kinds of money on a ring. I'm sure if I had boobs it'd make some sense, but I'd rather by the lady something useful if I'm dropping crazy amounts of change.

My ex-girlfriend's great-grandfather told her great-grandmother when he proposed he could buy her a ring or buy them a car. She chose the car. She told my ex that she regretted it and to always get the ring.