MLB Discussion

Guest baseball

At least your team has been in the playoffs in the last in the last 11 years, and looks like a pretty sure bet to win the division again next year.

At least your team has been in the playoffs in the last in the last 11 years, and looks like a pretty sure bet to win the division again next year.

Yea Halos should be good again next year. They should win that division for the next few years I would think. Its pretty weak.

Who is your team?

Guest baseball

Yea Halos should be good again next year. They should win that division for the next few years I would think. Its pretty weak.

Who is your team?

Check my location, Baltimore Orioles :'(.

Who is your team?

Check my location, Baltimore Orioles :'(.

Ahh I see, yea might be a while before they are competitive in that division. Probably the toughest division in all of baseball right now. Red Sox are always good. Looks like TB will be good for a while. Cant ever count the Yanks out and Toronto isnt too bad either. That Markakis dude you got is fucking awesome tho. Only got to see him play a few times on TV this year but he pounded the ball against the Angels every time I saw him. Baltimore native Mark Teixeira is a free angent and hopefully he stays in Anaheim but I read something where he said it would be cool to play for the O's one day.

Who is your team?

any team in a division with oakland, texas and seattle is going to be good for a couple of years. i'm guessing LA will finish with the best record in the AL again next season and once again be eliminated first round.

Who is your team?

any team in a division with oakland, texas and seattle is going to be good for a couple of years. i'm guessing LA will finish with the best record in the AL again next season and once again be eliminated first round.

Its a little far out to be making any logical predictions about that. I agree the Angels should win the division again. Texas can can definitely hit, so if their pitching improves then they could be contending. Oakland is a decent team but I dont think they are even close to being a contender. Seattle is fucking horrible but were picked to win the AL West this year before the season started. They need a lot of help. Angels definitely should win the division but I dunno about best record again. There a so many things that could happen before the next season starts, let alone next years playoffs that its way to early to say who will be getting knocked out early. It could be 8 completely different teams next year in the playoffs (not likely but anything is possible). If you're just trying to talk shit about the Angels then whatever but if you're actually trying to logically talk baseball then you're way off.

it was more of a joke than anything. i know that division could have a completely different complexion next season. especially with LA having a few key players that are looking at the face of free agency. namely texeria and k-rod. you have to figure there are teams out there willing to throw a lot of money at either of those guys. maybe not so much k-rod since most big money teams already have a great closer.

the angles aside. this off season is going to be crazy. there are a shitload of huge players around the league that are going to go on the free agent market. so if a team is willing to spend the money they could help build their team a bit.

the one guy i'm going to be looking at is aj burnett. i seriously hope boston picks him up. they need the starter and i'd love to see him beat toronto (this coming from a boston fan who lives in toronto and can't stand the jays or their fans).

it was more of a joke than anything. i know that division could have a completely different complexion next season. especially with LA having a few key players that are looking at the face of free agency. namely texeria and k-rod. you have to figure there are teams out there willing to throw a lot of money at either of those guys. maybe not so much k-rod since most big money teams already have a great closer.

the angles aside. this off season is going to be crazy. there are a shitload of huge players around the league that are going to go on the free agent market. so if a team is willing to spend the money they could help build their team a bit.

the one guy i'm going to be looking at is aj burnett. i seriously hope boston picks him up. they need the starter and i'd love to see him beat toronto (this coming from a boston fan who lives in toronto and can't stand the jays or their fans).

LA = the Dodgers

Anaheim = the Angels

:)

The Angels needs another bat outside of Tex (and need to resign Tex) to get runners on, their offense was good enough this year. However, I don't think the same offense would produce the same results next year.

Tim McCarver has now cemented his place in my mind as a total idiot: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3632077

To say Manny wasn't trying in Boston is silly. He hit .370+ and had an on-base of almost .500. Those numbers mirror the numbers he then came over and put up in LA.

boston released it's starting rotation for the series. i'm suprised lester is pitching game 3 and not game 2.

He's total money at Fenway. Same reason the Dodgers won't start Kuroda on the road if they can avoid it. He's spot-on at home and not so much spot-on when pitching on the road.

Tim McCarver has now cemented his place in my mind as a total idiot: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3632077

To say Manny wasn't trying in Boston is silly. He hit .370+ and had an on-base of almost .500. Those numbers mirror the numbers he then came over and put up in LA.

Yea I cant stand that fucker. I hate that they always get him to do the WS for Fox.

Tex IS the bat that the Angels have needed for a while. Well him and Hunter. #1 for the Angels is resigning Tex this off season. I couldnt care less if K-Rod leaves. They have some good young pitchers who can fill the roll late in games. K-Rod is going to be demanding huge cash and he isnt really worth it in my opinion. He will never again have a season like he just had. I think he will still be a great closer but he wont repeat the 08 season. We must resign Tex tho. Artie Moreno better pay him what ever insane number Boras deems Tex is worth.

I couldnt care less if K-Rod leaves. They have some good young pitchers who can fill the roll late in games. K-Rod is going to be demanding huge cash and he isnt really worth it in my opinion. He will never again have a season like he just had. I think he will still be a great closer but he wont repeat the 08 season.

i fully agree with you there. he's a good closer but won't have another season like he did this year. now that i think about it i can't see too many teams wanting to dish out the money he's going to be asking for. a good closer is only effective if you have the bats to put your team in the situation where you're winning a lot of games.

i could see the yankees going after him if they didn't have Rivera.

I couldnt care less if K-Rod leaves. They have some good young pitchers who can fill the roll late in games. K-Rod is going to be demanding huge cash and he isnt really worth it in my opinion. He will never again have a season like he just had. I think he will still be a great closer but he wont repeat the 08 season.

i fully agree with you there. he's a good closer but won't have another season like he did this year. now that i think about it i can't see too many teams wanting to dish out the money he's going to be asking for. a good closer is only effective if you have the bats to put your team in the situation where you're winning a lot of games.

Don't forget that Wagner's out long-term as well -- I could see him going to the Mets.

Don't forget that Wagner's out long-term as well -- I could see him going to the Mets.

Yea I kinda have a feeling he is going to end up in NY

I'm sure he'll remind people of the stellar work of one Armando Benitez!

That's because Steve Phillips is a moron.

usually i can't stand him. BUT he is saying that it will be boston and la in the world series. so he can't be all bad.

at the same time though usually the exact opposite of what he says happens.

Well at this point, there's what, four options? He has a 25% chance of being right no matter who he picks.

usually i can't stand him. BUT he is saying that it will be boston and la in the world series. so he can't be all bad.

Except he'd already picked the Cubs to beat the Dodgers in the first round.

Revisionist history... I fucking hate Steve Phillips.

told you. the exact opposite of what he thinks is going to happen happens.

i never understood why someone thought it would be a good idea to pay him to hear what he thinks about baseball anyways. as a player he never even made it to the majors (not 100% on that but i'm farily sure). not to mention all of the bonehead signings he did while he was in ny.