MLB Discussion

Was just watching some show on ESPN (I think its called First and Ten) and that dude Skip something was on there. God damn is that guy a fucking moron. They were talking about the Halliday situation and he said the Yankees and Red Sox will put the best packages together to get Halliday, which may be true. The Red Sox dont really need him, tho any team could use someone like Halliday. Anyways that Skip guy was saying he would give up Youkilis and some of their best propects for Halliday. You would have to be an idiot to put Youkilis in a package to get any pitcher. Someone who puts up MVP type numbers every year for someone who plays once every 5 games. How do they let people like this on TV?

Was just watching some show on ESPN (I think its called First and Ten) and that dude Skip something was on there. God damn is that guy a fucking moron. They were talking about the Halliday situation and he said the Yankees and Red Sox will put the best packages together to get Halliday, which may be true. The Red Sox dont really need him, tho any team could use someone like Halliday. Anyways that Skip guy was saying he would give up Youkilis and some of their best propects for Halliday. You would have to be an idiot to put Youkilis in a package to get any pitcher. Someone who puts up MVP type numbers every year for someone who plays once every 5 games. How do they let people like this on TV?

easily the worst show and dumbest person on ESPN. and that's saying a lot. he narrowly edges out Stephen A Smith.

Jonathan Sanchez just threw a no hitter for the Giants. he never even threw a complete game in his career before. he wasn't even suppose to start tonight too. it's also the Giants' first no no since 1976.

i would punch Uribe's for booting that ball. that play should have been made. that cost him the perfect game?

well, guess we're not getting him for freddie sanchez now are we?

Jonathan Sanchez just threw a no hitter for the Giants. he never even threw a complete game in his career before. he wasn't even suppose to start tonight too. it's also the Giants' first no no since 1976.

i would punch Uribe's for booting that ball. that play should have been made. that cost him the perfect game?

well, guess we're not getting him for freddie sanchez now are we?

I almost don't want to now.

Remember, Karstens almost threw a perfect game last year.

Pujols wants to stay in St. Louis from what i heard. I hope he does. I love that he's a cardinal. it makes me almost not 100% hate that team. only 95% hate that team.

Pujols will stay in STL if LaRussa stays. There's some website out there determines what a players 'open market' value is and Pujols' is astronomical.

Pujols wants to stay in St. Louis from what i heard. I hope he does. I love that he's a cardinal. it makes me almost not 100% hate that team. only 95% hate that team.

Pujols will stay in STL if LaRussa stays. There's some website out there determines what a players 'open market' value is and Pujols' is astronomical.

It'll depend on both LaRussa and management's willingness to keep the Cardinals in contention year-in and year-out. That being said, they need to get an extension worked out for him ASAP -- can't wait until his current deal is on the cusp of expiring.

Angels finished up a 3 game sweep of the Yanks today. Good to see their bats come through without three of the power hitters (Rivera, Hunter, Guerrero). Also, did anyone else see Lackey tell Teixeira that he should've stayed with the Angels after striking him out? It was pretty funny.

Great series. All the games were fun to watch. Lots of offense.

Was great to get a sweep going into the break, especially over the Yanks and having our 3,4,5 hitters all out for the series. Now we got a 1.5 game lead in the division. That thing between Lackey and Tex was pretty funny.

Brewers scare me.

sarcasm?

I don't have MLB network, so I only ever get to see them play on TV when its against the Pirates.. so I followed this on the MLB.com gamecast... but man, the first two games were so back and forth in the series. thankfully the bats were answering while the starting pitching was mediocre at best.. bummed Gallardo got rocked... kid is so good.

Nope, no sarcasm. If the Brewers get their pitching in order they'd be hell to deal with.

they're a year or two out from that... I think once the brewers lose the bill hall and jeff suppan contracts they'll lock up Fielder long term and get a few arms... but until those two bloated contracts pass, I think they'll be eying the market. Bill Hall is getting paid 6 million to sit on the bench right now. Gamel, McGehee and Counsel are rotating at 3B and are paid less than bill hall combined. so frustrating...

Looking forward to getting out of work to watch the Derby tonite. Hoping Pujols wins in front of his home crowd. Already got it set to record cause it will be half over by the time I get out of work. The NL has much better power in this but I think Mauer has a good shot at winning this. No idea what Inge is doing in this thing tho.

What the hell is Brandon Inge doing in a homerun hitting contest?

My thoughts exactly. I hate when they get a guy in the Derby thats just have a fluke big HR year. Inge has never hit more than 27 HRs in a year and has 21 so far this year. I couldnt care less about watching someone like Inge hit. This is where I want to see the Pujols', Fielder's and Howard's of the league get up there and swing as hard as they can and see how far over 500 ft. they can hit it.

Prince fucking mashed some balls last nite. Cruz hit some shots too. Prince hit the longest 3 balls of the nite tho. 503 ft (only the 9th ball to go over 500 ft. in the Derby), 497 ft, and 488 ft. (Pujols hit one 488 ft. too).

That was hilarious watching Inge, I did feel kinda bad for him tho. Thats pretty embarrassing.

I thought Pujols would do much better, same with Mauer...just cause Mauer has such a nice easy swing.