Question about No Idea pre-orders

I order basically as much as I can from No Idea because they are my gods and I worship them with my credit card. But what is up with certain pre-orders only being available with a shirt? There are a ton of pressings I've passed on order just because I don't want to pay for yet another shirt (I have boxes and boxes).

Addressing a few different comments:

"I order basically as much as I can from No Idea because they are my gods"

To badly quote, "What poor gods we make."

But what is up with certain pre-orders only being available with a shirt? There are a ton of pressings I've passed on order just because I don't want to pay for yet another shirt (I have boxes and boxes).

We only did five pre-orders that came with shirts, as I recall (and that includes doing Ampere/Ringers twice). We kept the pre-orders open for a pre-set amount of time and when that time passed, the records became available separately. We have not done any of these combos recently. It can be fun to mix it up. If we did the exact same thing every time, WE would get bored. And we are doing this for ourselves first. We want to make the records WE want, as music dorks. Then it goes from there. But screw it, if it irritates you so much, maybe we'll do it for an entire pressing next time. Ha.

I think everyone else gets it and was excited. Or they waited. It all works out.

OWTH actually wanted us to do that again for FTB, but we simply had no time. And we were slammed already.

Profit margin on shirts is not huge when you do a small run and pay $5 to make them and sell them for $10, giving the band a cut, losing a bite to Credit Card fees . And especially not when you package them together with a record at a lower price. Dunno. Are you speaking in generalities? If so, then you are correct. If you make 5,000 of a shirt (getting a really good price break) and sell it for $20, then cash abounds. But that is a different scenario.

You can order whatever you want along with a pre-order and wait if you want to. Or not. Your call.

I like raisins. Do you like raisins too?

Sure. But does it ever freak you out that they look like little shriveled scrotums?

Addressing a few different comments:

"I order basically as much as I can from No Idea because they are my gods"

To badly quote, "What poor gods we make."

But what is up with certain pre-orders only being available with a shirt? There are a ton of pressings I've passed on order just because I don't want to pay for yet another shirt (I have boxes and boxes).

We only did five pre-orders that came with shirts, as I recall (and that includes doing Ampere/Ringers twice). We kept the pre-orders open for a pre-set amount of time and when that time passed, the records became available separately. We have not done any of these combos recently. It can be fun to mix it up. If we did the exact same thing every time, WE would get bored. And we are doing this for ourselves first. We want to make the records WE want, as music dorks. Then it goes from there. But screw it, if it irritates you so much, maybe we'll do it for an entire pressing next time. Ha.

I think everyone else gets it and was excited. Or they waited. It all works out.

OWTH actually wanted us to do that again for FTB, but we simply had no time. And we were slammed already.

Profit margin on shirts is not huge when you do a small run and pay $5 to make them and sell them for $10, giving the band a cut, losing a bite to Credit Card fees . And especially not when you package them together with a record at a lower price. Dunno. Are you speaking in generalities? If so, then you are correct. If you make 5,000 of a shirt (getting a really good price break) and sell it for $20, then cash abounds. But that is a different scenario.

You can order whatever you want along with a pre-order and wait if you want to. Or not. Your call.

I like raisins. Do you like raisins too?

Sure. But does it ever freak you out that they look like little shriveled scrotums?

I wasn't trying to pick a fight. I'm just an impatient little thing. I just like to order records before my girlfriend makes me spend the money on "food" or "the electric bill" or an "anniversary gift."