Vinyl File 18

Guest conoley

People aren't supposed to tell people I'm a dick. It's funnier if they find out on their own. Who's out there spilling the beans!? And although I am given to hyperbole...I feel like I stop a hair short of arrogance. Also it was an interview about my label. What am I going to do, not talk about myself and the label when asked direct questions about it? Just saying. On the whole I think most people who meet me come away with thinking I'm decent dude. If I come off like a dick it's because one of two reasons. 1. 3 Sparks and 4 Beers in two hours. 2 I'm trying to make a joke that goes over like a brick. I quit drinking after the fest so all you have to watch out for are bomb jokes now.

People aren't supposed to tell people I'm a dick. It's funnier if they find out on their own. Who's out there spilling the beans!? And although I am given to hyperbole...I feel like I stop a hair short of arrogance. Also it was an interview about my label. What am I going to do, not talk about myself and the label when asked direct questions about it? Just saying. On the whole I think most people who meet me come away with thinking I'm decent dude. If I come off like a dick it's because one of two reasons. 1. 3 Sparks and 4 Beers in two hours. 2 I'm trying to make a joke that goes over like a brick. I quit drinking after the fest so all you have to watch out for are bomb jokes now.

Hey Steve,

I didn't plan on that creating any ill will, just stating how I interpreted the interview.

Either way I'm still going to order records from you...like have in the past and will continue to do....after all is said and done, you run a great record label. In the end what else really matters?

and on that note...when is the Arrivals / Brokedowns 7" coming in? I'm calling it now...this will be in the top 5 7"s of the year.

in retrospect...

as I've been reviewing both Steve's interview and what I said...maybe I do come off a bit too harsh on him due to some hearsay and really shouldn't have made comments about a person I don't know...uh...personally.

So please don't let my comments affect what you think of Steve or his label. As I stated above...i like Steve's label and have ordered records from him in the past, have a pending mail order and plan on ordering almost all of his upcoming releases(mentioned in the interview) too.

I'm not going to modify my first post, because it's out there and people need to know sometimes when you've made an ass out of yourself.

I hate being a downer on anyone considering I have a reputation as being too nice to people...so I'm sorry Steve. I sincerely hope you'll accept my apology.