Jump to content

Maserati - 37:29:24 LP Anniversary Edition on Temporary Residence Records


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

https://www.temporaryresidence.com/collections/maserati/products/trr349

 

 TRR349_Maserati_1500x1500_51af48eb-05b5-

 

 

Available on Black and Midnight blue

 

 

Originally released in a very limited capacity in 2001, Maserati’s debut album finally gets reissued on all formats to commemorate the band’s 20th anniversary. Remastered from the original master tapes by Josh Bonati, 37:29:24 featured Maserati’s original lineup of Coley Dennis, Matt Cherry, Steve Scarborough, and Phil Horan, and includes many of the most placid and medicative moments in the band's storied catalog. 37:29:24 is a darker, more pensive night drive than they would come to be known for on their later albums.

 

LIMITED EDITION COLORED VINYL: MIDNIGHT BLUE (EDITION OF 500)
LIMIT TWO (2) PER CUSTOMER

ALL VINYL FORMATS INCLUDE MP3 DOWNLOAD COUPON INSIDE PACKAGE

TRACK LISTING
1. A Border Dispute
2. I Have A Dagger, It's Shaped Like A Lightning Bolt
3. The Width Of The Atlantic
4. We Blew Up The Arch And Now St. Louis Is Boring
5. Swimming Versus Fatigue
6. When The Third Wheel's A Brat

Edited by mcpherson123
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was such a good drop, alongside the Language Of Cities repress.  They were the only 2 missing from my Maserati collection.  I appreciate that they were only a month out from placing the order, instead of 8+.  I should be getting mine sometime next week, and can’t wait to throw on 37:29:24.  That I Have A Dagger, It's Shaped Like A Lightning Bolt is a top-tier Maserati track for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

This was such a good drop, alongside the Language Of Cities repress.  They were the only 2 missing from my Maserati collection.  I appreciate that they were only a month out from placing the order, instead of 8+.  I should be getting mine sometime next week, and can’t wait to throw on 37:29:24.  That I Have A Dagger, It's Shaped Like A Lightning Bolt is a top-tier Maserati track for me.

I haven't listened to this in a long time but I have an original white/gray copy and always wanted to grab the original black. I remember thinking it reminded me a bit of Hum's YPAA. Will definitely grab the black one from TRR though. Glad this was cut from original tapes. I didn't realize this was a thing until I saw it on discogs with a release date of yesterday. Totally blew me away that this was in the works.

 

My Maserati collection pretty much ends after Inventions For The New Season. Pyramid of The Sun just didn't do it for me and everything I've heard since that feels similarly undesirable. I have the Pyramid of The Moon 12" single but I don't even know why I got it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I haven't listened to this in a long time but I have an original white/gray copy and always wanted to grab the original black. I remember thinking it reminded me a bit of Hum's YPAA. Will definitely grab the black one from TRR though. Glad this was cut from original tapes. I didn't realize this was a thing until I saw it on discogs with a release date of yesterday. Totally blew me away that this was in the works.

 

My Maserati collection pretty much ends after Inventions For The New Season. Pyramid of The Sun just didn't do it for me and everything I've heard since that feels similarly undesirable. I have the Pyramid of The Moon 12" single but I don't even know why I got it.

Inventions is probably my favorite Maserati record, and what got me into them to begin with.  Everything after it is certainly... different.  They're such distinct sounds, they could be released under different project names.  The first 3 LPs feel way more rooted in post-rock and the last 4 have been some blend of 70s tinged, synth heavy, vocoder-loaded dance tunes... with a smidge of post-rock passages here and there.  Quite a directional leap.  More often than not I think I'll probably favor the first half of their catalog more but I can enjoy their later sound when I'm in the right mood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Inventions is probably my favorite Maserati record, and what got me into them to begin with.  Everything after it is certainly... different.  They're such distinct sounds, they could be released under different project names.  The first 3 LPs feel way more rooted in post-rock and the last 4 have been some blend of 70s tinged, synth heavy, vocoder-loaded dance tunes... with a smidge of post-rock passages here and there.  Quite a directional leap.  More often than not I think I'll probably favor the first half of their catalog more but I can enjoy their later sound when I'm in the right mood.

Yeah, that's very well described there. I just can't with that second half of their catalog. Its just so blech for me.  Language and Inventions definitely inform what was my best understanding of the Post Rock genre overall. I haven't listened to those in some time either but rest assured, if I'm spinning Maserati, it will be one of the first three records.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i never knew about these records so I'm so psyched to be able to get them.  Such a vast, vast different sound than the Maserati that I know and love.  I can see all your points about the sound change, they're definitely more dance heavy now but i love that stuff too so I'm cool.  I imagine its like the people who got turned off by Isis who hopped on during Mosquito Control or Celestial and couldn't swallow the clean direction after Panopticon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

i never knew about these records so I'm so psyched to be able to get them.  Such a vast, vast different sound than the Maserati that I know and love.  I can see all your points about the sound change, they're definitely more dance heavy now but i love that stuff too so I'm cool.  I imagine its like the people who got turned off by Isis who hopped on during Mosquito Control or Celestial and couldn't swallow the clean direction after Panopticon. 

The alteration in Maserati's sound feels much more dramatic to me than the ISIS evolution. Like, they still did essentially the same music but added more clean passages and some clean vocals and the production generally got a little cleaner as well but the overall mood and attack of the music wasn't drastically different than the first album or two. The first two EP's were definitely more consistently heavy but they were also shorter than a full album. There are similar moments on all ISIS albums to those EP's but with more variation mixed in. But when you compare Pyramid of The Moon to The Language of Cities, there's practically no thread between them stylistically.

 

That's my opinion anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website