8/31 CRIME IN STEREO T/S Release show MOVED TO LI!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Fake Problems made me hate them with a passion. Crime in Stereo though was a blast. That video of the LI show rules.

how come?

All their songs seemed so long and drowned out. There was maybe 8 people there for them and they played the longest set of the night. They were the second band that played too and Crime in Stereos set was cut short later on because of time restraints.

Guest genericinsight
fake problems were giving ronie(kid who booked show) a hard time about playin second, honestly they should have played first since they have the smallest following here. they are lucky they even got to play second

That's upsetting to hear because they are really nice kids.

Still, sometimes even the nicest people in bands can be dicks about shit like that. Sucky.

All that aside though, it a bumout to hear only a few people watched them but that doesn't surprise me. They're the standout band on this tour and hardcore kids can be fickle creatures.

However, to the person that didn't like them: if you didn't like them that much, why did you force yourself to watch them? I'm assuming there was re-entry.

It boggles my mind how people always say they how much they hate bands when they don't even have to sit there and watch them.

fake problems were giving ronie(kid who booked show) a hard time about playin second, honestly they should have played first since they have the smallest following here. they are lucky they even got to play second

Still, sometimes even the nicest people in bands can be dicks about shit like that. Sucky.

All that aside though, it a bumout to hear only a few people watched them but that doesn't surprise me. They're the standout band on this tour and hardcore kids can be fickle creatures.

However, to the person that didn't like them: if you didn't like them that much, why did you force yourself to watch them? I'm assuming there was re-entry.

It boggles my mind how people always say they how much they hate bands when they don't even have to sit there and watch them.

There was no re-entry. I was trying to be nice by watching them at first because I knew no one was really into them. But come on, playing longer than the headlining band who is having a record release? That seems like a dick mood. They acted like they headlined the show and had a mass group of fans there.

Guest genericinsight

There was no re-entry. I was trying to be nice by watching them at first because I knew no one was really into them. But come on, playing longer than the headlining band who is having a record release? That seems like a dick mood. They acted like they headlined the show and had a mass group of fans there.

I don't see how you could possibly think there was no re-entry, its a fucking VFW hall. And I doubt they did that playing longer thing on purpose. Besides, all bands should play their hearts out at a show regardless of who is there to see them or not, are you implying that because only a couple of people were there they should play a half-assed set?

Also, there have been plenty of times I've seen an "opening" band play longer sets than the headlining band (see: Hope Conspiracy opening for Paint It Black at their record release in Philly this year). I'd say blame that more on the headlining band not playing for long enough rather than the other band...

Guest genericinsight
got there late, only saw CIS and Capital.

and there was re-entry. After I got my CIS LP, I took it out to my car and sweet parking spot as to not carry it around.

Hope that venue does more shows, it's a good-sized place.

They can only do "big shows" because the rent of the hall is a lot and it wouldn't make sense to have little shows in that big room. But agreed, awesome venue.

I don't see how you could possibly think there was no re-entry, its a fucking VFW hall. And I doubt they did that playing longer thing on purpose. Besides, all bands should play their hearts out at a show regardless of who is there to see them or not, are you implying that because only a couple of people were there they should play a half-assed set?

Also, there have been plenty of times I've seen an "opening" band play longer sets than the headlining band (see: Hope Conspiracy opening for Paint It Black at their record release in Philly this year). I'd say blame that more on the headlining band not playing for long enough rather than the other band...

Dude, I didn't go to Long Island. It was at a church that has a strict curfew because of the neighbors. So the headlining band was told to wrap it up short.

Guest genericinsight

Dude, I didn't go to Long Island. It was at a church that has a strict curfew because of the neighbors. So the headlining band was told to wrap it up short.

Oh, you didn't make it clear that you didn't go to Long Island. Sorry.

Guest genericinsight
capital cleaned it up at this show... came late due to traffic from brooklyn and only saw capital and cis. cis played well to... good to see them playing a relatively nice sized show on long island again

LOVRICH

shut up von....

and yes, im finally done only reading this board, i am adventuring into sharing of my opinion with all of you (you lucky people).

as far as kyi is concerned. the kids on li love that stuff. it s nice to see all these people know that song. some of us show goers that grew up on LI saw them play that all... all... all... to often(not a slight). its fun to see young ones enjoy it. BUT i feel a sense of frustration when i don't see that response to the other capital songs... especially the ones where they bring the ROCK. but hey, skanking just seems weird now... fuck... im done... couldn't deal with reality today and went to the beach after work... then started drinking... then onto other fun....

ps...

i love vinyl