Project Debut III platter problem

Hello

I am quite new to  turntables.

I got myself used Project Debut III and it works nicely and I really enjoy it.

But as I change the speed manually from 33 to 45 or other way around I usually encounter this problem that as i put the vinyl on the platter it does not sit smoothly and if I turn the turntable on, the record visibly wobble. I have no idea why is this. Sometimes I get it right and many times not. Like now I'm stuck with vinyl not leveling on the platter. I am not sure if it is because of the subplatter problem or the upper platter problem or something else. Could someone assist me with the problem, please. I really would appreciate help and guidance.

• 4 months later...
On 11/20/2023 at 9:48 PM, rrd said:

get a speedbox, never touch the belt again

This. Every time you move the belt you're stretching it just a bit more and getting oils on it from your hands. The Speedbox is probably the best upgrade you can make to these tables (speaking as a Debut III owner).

In the second video it also appears it is the record itself that is out of plane and this can vary from album to album. Try adding a record puck/weight into the mix - it won't flatten the warping but it can at lease help you ensure your record is lying flat at the center of the platter.

Edited by bluethumb