Riley from Thrice posts Alchemy Index vinyl update

http://www.alchemyindex.com/2008/08/10/179/

just wanted to check in real quick with regards to the vinyl. there seem to be some confusion as to what the hell is going on with it (when it comes out, where it will be available, what it’s going to contain, etc.), and some people have even decided to put it up for pre-sale, even when there’s no physical item to sell yet.

truth be told, we’re still working out the details. we’re still working on artwork, packaging, etc. when the details are finalized and it’s all ready to go, you’ll hear about it HERE first. we want this to be special. it’s going to be a limited pressing. it’s not going to be made available until we’re 100% happy with it. so PLEASE…be patient. when there’s vinyl news to be reported, you’ll get it here and/or on our myspace page, not somewhere else.

thanks.

That's cool that they're planning on updating it, but I feel like he was frowning upon places that had it for presale. If he's so displeased about it going up, maybe he should talk to the people involved with it getting put out in the first place, like the people who told Virgil/Interpunk/whoever else that it was ok to have it up for a pre-order deal. So far VC is my place for the most up to date info on shit (usually) and people on that site who commented are claiming that VC is not a legit website, that they are jerking people around. That pissed me off.

They're just talking about VC b/c they don't know any better. If anyone should be blamed for jumping the gun is Cobraside. They're the ones that gave the go ahead for Virgil to put them up on VC.

Fuck the naysayers and haters!

Yeah man! Virgil is always going out of his way to help us out when we have problems and bringing awesome items around for us to pick up exclusively or before other places because he is genuinely jazzed about it, not cause he's trying to make a buck. For them to kind of just post that type of "update" without really researching it and making a negative implication (especially about someone who supports their careers besides just distributing their albums) really grinds my gears/chaps my hide/gets my goat/etc.

thanks for all the support guys. I got an email from someone that said we should get our shit together and then I forwarded them the post I made about the problems with the box set. People just don't have the full story.

the worst part is that after repeated emails from loyal VC customers about the box set being on pre-order at Interpunk, I talked to cobraside and said that we will also pre-order it. when the guy from vagrant called me, he didn't even know interpunk had it on pre-order.

totally wack my friends. worst part is that the owner from Cobraside is still on vacation. bummertown.

thanks for all the support guys. I got an email from someone that said we should get our shit together and then I forwarded them the post I made about the problems with the box set. People just don't have the full story.

the worst part is that after repeated emails from loyal VC customers about the box set being on pre-order at Interpunk, I talked to cobraside and said that we will also pre-order it. when the guy from vagrant called me, he didn't even know interpunk had it on pre-order.

totally wack my friends. worst part is that the owner from Cobraside is still on vacation. bummertown.

Just tell me who you want to get cut, and I'll make it happen.

Dude the owner of cobraside has been on vacation since it's inception... amiright?

someone will actually acknowledge owning that cluster...?

Just tell me who you want to get cut, and I'll make it happen.

Dig a hole in the Vegas desert.