WILLIAM ELLIOTT WHITMORE "Ashes to Dust" LP

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

WILLIAM ELLIOTT WHITMORE "Ashes to Dust" LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/sov28111-1

On the phone with my rep for Southern and he mentions that they have copies of "Ashes to Dust" on vinyl. I was super stoked that this is available on wax and asked what was up with the other titles. The rep seemed baffled that Southern hasn't been re-issuing his William's back-catalog on vinyl given that he will have a highly anticipated debut album from Anti coming out sooner or later. These albums are so great and William deserves everything that has come his way. As with past William titles, this will go out of print quickly and who knows when Southern will get around to repressing this.

So, is this widely available again or is this the last of the 1st press? My wife just got me a copy on ebay the other day.... but I've been waiting so long to get a copy... I couldn't resist getting a brand new copy for $9. Its funny because I have emailed both Southern US & UK and they both told me they have no more copies of this record. Thanks Virgil for getting these.... such a great record!

So, is this widely available again or is this the last of the 1st press? My wife just got me a copy on ebay the other day.... but I've been waiting so long to get a copy... I couldn't resist getting a brand new copy for $9. Its funny because I have emailed both Southern US & UK and they both told me they have no more copies of this record. Thanks Virgil for getting these.... such a great record!

between you and me, I don't get what southern is doing. People want these records by wiliam and yet they are really slacking about pressing them. I figured you would be all over this.

this isn't widely known, but I got an email the other day from adam from murder by death and they are pressing a split with william and murder by death where both bands cover each others song. We should have a preorder in september for these.

I checked Southern Uk a few weeks ago and they still had songs of the blackbird and I think is lyric book on there so I'd check there, i spoke to him recently and I think he's tring to get the nw record out in January, I know it's off topic but what's going on with the avail reissues, i saw it was in the VC ad in the new razorcake.

between you and me, I don't get what southern is doing. People want these records by wiliam and yet they are really slacking about pressing them. I figured you would be all over this.

this isn't widely known, but I got an email the other day from adam from murder by death and they are pressing a split with william and murder by death where both bands cover each others song. We should have a preorder in september for these.

I just creamed my pants.... this is going to be so fucking good!

i will get more whitmore records, will order right now.

and in regards to Avail, they are in the works (all 3jade tree albums), just waiting on a few things to announce pre-orders.

we are about to open the floodgates on a lot of new records.

For some reason this is the only record of his I don't have on vinyl.

"Song from the Blackbird" comes with a silkscreened booklet with the lyrics to all 3 of the his full lengths if you can find that virgil i'm sure people would be into it. Everything Will has done is gold in my book! I can hope being on Anti makes it so more people get to hear it.