Hot Water Music question!

Hey everyone, I'm new to VC and also new to actually collecting vinyl. I just started this month so I only have a little under 40 but my obsession is definitely growing...way too fast!

I just have a quick question that might be dumb but please bear with me!

I just bought an unknown pressing of HWM's "Never Ender" on ebay. I contacted the seller before buying to see what pressing it was and all the info he knew was that No Idea had sent it to him Spring of '08.

That said, and considering according to No Idea's website it looks like only the sixth press contains puple vinyl:

6th Pressing: 200 Solid Purple, 136 Orange Mix, 131 Pink Mix, 115 Pale Pastel Mix, 9 Dark Purple with Pink (4/23/2008)

I'm assuming it's from this pressing.

My question is if anyone knows exactly which color the vinyl I bought is (because No Idea makes it really hard to distinguish!!)

Here's a picture of the vinyl I bought:

[image]

Thanks so much in advance to anyone that can help me out!

I have also been using the "No Idea Purple" phrase in the colors. I have some HWM vinyl that is completely impossible to decipher what it is? did any one listen to the last podcast? they talk about how ridiculous the no idea color thingy is. I am good friends of Sub Home and VC and have been to the warehouse many times and I have seen some no idea colors that are labeled differently but look the same, and some that look totally different and are labeled the same. My buddy Joey went nuts with the Against Me, Reinventing Axl Rose, and I guess towards the end of his whole collection he was getting a bunch of confusing color-label-label-colors. It's all pretty hilarious.

Hey everyone, I'm new to VC and also new to actually collecting vinyl. I just started this month so I only have a little under 40 but my obsession is definitely growing...way too fast!

I just have a quick question that might be dumb but please bear with me!

Woah you must have spent loads on records to get that many that fast! Nice!

And no Hot Water Music / Against Me! pressing question is dumb, I'm pretty sure we have all asked at some point.

There definitely seems to be variations within what they call "Solid purple" then. I was sent no less than 3 copies of it that looks like this:

[image]

And since they are translucent, I wrote and asked No Idea about it, and they said this was definitely the "Solid purple"

But yeah, I can't see that 867530h9's copy could be anything else than "Solid purple". Unless it's from a new pressing...?

And just for reference, here are all the colors from the 6th pressing:

[image]

Hey, you're the one who just bought a bunch of records from me (I'm kobane on eBay)!

This one wasn't mine, but this is the purple from the 6th pressing (not the dark purple- that one would have come with a slip).

Welcome to the boards!

Hey...thanks so much for all the records and for the welcome here!

and thanks to everyone else for the welcomes and the help.

i'm thinking i'll just list it as no idea purplegrey and make one word out of it. although the orange was a clever idea, too.