Sink or Swim Third Press

Im gonna grab all the represses and ebay all my 1st presses to pick up some extra cash while they are hot. Im still in the hole after grabbing those steniways test presses last week.

Yes i will be flipping records. so what

To me at least, this is hardly flipping. You bought the first press records close to/over a year ago so its not like you turned them around to sell immediately. You hung on to them, have decided that you're cool with just the recent presses, and want to make some $ 1. while the bands hot on the ebay, and 2. to recoup some costs on other vinyl purchases. Hardly flipping. But god save you if you're third presses are up on ebay with BIN's of $200 a piece. hahahahaha

1. while the bands hot on the ebay, and 2. to recoup some costs on other vinyl purchases. Hardly flipping.

???

Isn't that exactly what "flipping" is? (Not trying to start a "wrong/right" argument, I just don't get what you're saying. Both of those reasons are the main reasons most people "flip" records.)

Doesn't seem to be any intent to profit when the records were bought. That's my main definition of flipping.

this is kinda what i was trying to get at really. I think flipping has a lot to do with time. Obviously people buy and sell records constantly, but i doubt that when mrc bought these records he was banking on ebay gold a year down the road. Flipping is more immediate, like, hey, the sink swim demos came out a week ago and the first few copies sold for $200 on ebay. The seller bought them to put straight onto ebay, which to me is flipping.

that being said... someone sell me a black sink or swim and a white senor and the queen for decent ;) They are probably two of the most sought after current records, especially on this board and i dont think ill get them in the near future for a decent price.... :(

Doesn't seem to be any intent to profit when the records were bought. That's my main definition of flipping.

that being said... someone sell me a black sink or swim and a white senor and the queen for decent ;) They are probably two of the most sought after current records, especially on this board and i dont think ill get them in the near future for a decent price.... :(

Same here. I'm such a huge fan, but I'm never going to get those. I can't afford to pay so much for records.

yeah, i mean, the most ive ever paid for a single record was for bad religions s/t 7" second press out of 1500, and i paid like $229 about 3 years ago for it on ebay. Most of the recent ones are in the upper 300-over 400 range so im glad i got it when i did, but with that being said... i simply can not justify spending all that cash on a gaslight anthem record. I mean, they are awesome, love the band, but i literally compare all of my purchasing back to what i would pay for bad religion records somehow, and i can't spend more on a gaslight 1st press than i would on one of the rarest/oldest BR records i have...

yeah, I guess I'm 'flipping' most of my SOS variants on ebay at the moment. I'd never intended to, but at the moment the cash value would be a lot more useful than the variants of the same record over and over are proving to be. It's sad, but when you need the dough, you do! If they don't sell, I get to keep them.