Sealed test-press. Open it or not?

I won a test-pressing of Snuff's "Tweet Tweet My Lovely" on eBay, and I just got it in the mail today.

It's still factory sealed. And I'm unsure whether I should open it or not.

I'm leaning towards opening it up, so I can spin it (you know, at least once if nothing else), and see what it looks like and stuff...

My philosophy is that records are more useful on a turntable than anywhere else, even though it's quite rare...

So I'm just wondering: Has anybody else here ever gotten a sealed test-pressing? Did you open it, or leave it sealed?

From the description on eBay:

"Unopened test press you ask? Well, RTI, the plant where this album was pressed, sends out their test pressings in sealed vinyl bags with the covers stamped with the matrix etc."

Thanks guys, for re-assuring me that opening it is the right thing to do! I'm gonna go listen to it right now. :)

From the description on eBay:

"Unopened test press you ask? Well, RTI, the plant where this album was pressed, sends out their test pressings in sealed vinyl bags with the covers stamped with the matrix etc."

Thanks guys, for re-assuring me that opening it is the right thing to do! I'm gonna go listen to it right now. :)

i have an rti test as well. i left mine sealed as i bought the regular record anyway.

Its hard to believe a test press has never been spun.

unless you're 70% of labels these days that purposely do test press overruns to sell off.

kiiiiiinnnnnddddaaaaa dumb

That's why I don't buy tests from labels, even though some labels have had some cool tests for sale. Seems pretty lame when a test pressing is /20.

However, if it helps offset the cost of pressing the record and helps more records get put out and some kid ends up happy with his test then more power to the label, but I won't be buying them.