Pulling Teeth & Irons Split 12"EP on Deathwish...

Deathwish records=Killing my wallet since 2001

Not since 2001, but I know the feeling. ;D

I was going to make a separate thread for what I'm about to say but it may be overkill.

I am very, very impressed with Deathwish Inc. as a label, its roster, and the people who work/run the operation. I grew up with and around hardcore and metal music. It has always been a part of my life. But for the last 3-4 years I have been listening to it less and less mainly because I started to find it boring. Mostly in the sense that there were no new bands that really appealed to me and it was all starting to sound the same.

I joined VC over a year ago and have started to listen to a lot more bands than before and checked out new music. During this time I started to check out DW and some of the bands on its roster. I have to honestly say that this experience w/ DW so far has revitalized my love for hardcore and aggressive music. DW is solid and I'm really into some of the bands on it: Blacklisted, Killing The Dream, Narrows, and Bitter End.

/cheesy, emotional LJ entry. ;)

Deathwish records=Killing my wallet since 2001

Not since 2001, but I know the feeling. ;D

I was going to make a separate thread for what I'm about to say but it may be overkill.

I am very, very impressed with Deathwish Inc. as a label, its roster, and the people who work/run the operation. I grew up with and around hardcore and metal music. It has always been a part of my life. But for the last 3-4 years I have been listening to it less and less mainly because I started to find it boring. Mostly in the sense that there were no new bands that really appealed to me and it was all starting to sound the same.

I joined VC over a year ago and have started to listen to a lot more bands than before and checked out new music. During this time I started to check out DW and some of the bands on its roster. I have to honestly say that this experience w/ DW so far has revitalized my love for hardcore and aggressive music. DW is solid and I'm really into some of the bands on it: Blacklisted, Killing The Dream, Narrows, and Bitter End.

/cheesy, emotional LJ entry. ;)

No, I totally feel you on this one. I mean, for the most part all the records I purchase are of the hardcore variety cause to me that is the best way to listen to hardcore, but to be honest I'm spinning my Smiths and Love and Rockets LP's more than my hardcore stuff. Still, DW kills it every time, all the time. I think for sure one of the few important hardcore labels of "our" time, along with Rivalry, No way, and Painkiller.

Big ups to putting out quality each and every time.

i'm into jake art and deathwish wince 2004 when i studied art printing in seconde years of university

but i just started collecting deathwish records on no heroes era.

because my girlfriend's twin sister lives in babson and she helps me too much for order and catch some from record shops.

i remember april 2006 when she opened her dj box with 35 records and 2/3 of 'em are deathwish.

and i have to thanks to janelle.

i very appreash in all helps and take cares....

Thanks everyone.

Our philosophy is simple really; Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

We feel that there are great things happening in aggressive music, and do what we can to show the world that.

You can't make everyone happy, but you can be confident that what you present and how you present it, is the best you can offer.

It is easy to get jaded for sure, but I feel there are some labels doing interesting things along side DW: Hydra Head, Reaper, 1917, Rivalry, A389, Painkiller, Auxiliary, Neurot, Free Cake, etc. I encourage you to search out those labels as well, if you don't already.

Thanks again.

-J.