paper help! why is baseball a great american sport

Wow. How can any self-respecting professor decide to form an opinion on behalf of his or students. My academic instinct would automatically be to disagree with the topic regardless of whether or not I agreed with it. If you're down with being a devil's advocate and a bit of a shit disturber, I would advise you to disagree with the topic and be prepared to stand your ground.

Unless the purpose of the exercise is to explore the merits of a different point of view. I once had to do a research assignment and presentation defending the US invasion of Vietnam and I learned a lot from doing it. But I suspect your situation is different, because mine was 4th year history versus 1st year English.

that part of baseball also makes me not take it seriously.

Yeah, because NO other professional sports league has a problem with steroids...

other professional sports leagues test and crack down on steroid use. the MLB would usually just turn their head the other way unless the media catches on.

Wow. How can any self-respecting professor decide to form an opinion on behalf of his or students. My academic instinct would automatically be to disagree with the topic regardless of whether or not I agreed with it. If you're down with being a devil's advocate and a bit of a shit disturber, I would advise you to disagree with the topic and be prepared to stand your ground.

Unless the purpose of the exercise is to explore the merits of a different point of view. I once had to do a research assignment and presentation defending the US invasion of Vietnam and I learned a lot from doing it. But I suspect your situation is different, because mine was 4th year history versus 1st year English.

we were told to strictly NOT disagree. i would rather bullshit really hard and get a good grade than write a real paper im proud of and fail

we were told to strictly NOT disagree. i would rather bullshit really hard and get a good grade than write a real paper im proud of and fail

Tell the prof that the topic presents you with an academic ethical dilemma, and you wish not to write a dishonest paper, because it sets a bad precedent for your academic future. Then ask for his advice.

He can either let you approach the subject differently, or he can be a douche. If the latter happens, I'd complain to the dean. I don't mind being a shit disturber. A profound sense of satisfaction comes from winning these disputes.

Yeah, because NO other professional sports league has a problem with steroids...

other professional sports leagues test and crack down on steroid use. the MLB would usually just turn their head the other way unless the media catches on.

Hahaha, keep telling yourself that. The NFL has no steroid problem whatsoever... 450-pound humans are supposed to run 4.4 40s and bench press Buicks.

Shawn Merriman gets popped for steroids and no one in the media gives two shits. He was suspended for still made the Pro Bowl.

On the other hand, minor leaguers getting busted is treated like the biggest deal ever.

To think that the MLB is the worst offender of the major sports is laughable.

Maybe the fact that so many in the media/Congress care is a good argument for this guy's paper...