10% off big orders at vinyl junkie for the next 24

vinyljunkie

ish.

If you order 50 dollars worth of stuff

until tomorrow night at midnight (CST), you can use the code

toomuchstuff

and you will get 10% off your entire order. I am trying to put away all the new stuff i have gotten in recently, and i dont have room. and there is a lot more coming in, so i wanna try to make some room, and get some of the stuff out of here. do it up.

what 7" are you talking about/ there isnt a single "distro" 7" that is 14 dollars.

i have a used/rare section that has rare records for more expensive. but i think the most expensive 7" in the actual distro is like 6.50 or something.

and yeah, 5 bucks off. its not much, but seeings how my markup on stuff is only like a buck on 7"s, thats pretty much my entire "profit". what are you expecting? obviously you dont run any sort of distro/label, or you would realize that 10% is a pretty big margin. im not expecting hundreds of orders, but part of why i did it is because i noticed that a lot of people have made an account, and a sizeable cart, but havent checked out/bought the items. so for people who were planning on making a big order anyway, this helps save a few bucks, and is like getting a free 7", or LP, depending on how much they order.

people that expect stuff handed to them just piss me off.

well I just asked what the 10 percent would be in terms of money off, so if I go over $50 it would be easier to crunch the numbers myself so I could keep track. But yes, you had a Panic S/t 7'' for $14. I am not blind. But since I don't run a distro/label I do not realize the price of things. I'll just take my business to people who are actually cool. Thanks though.

you didnt ask. you said "so 5 dollars off? lol"

perhaps i misread/mistook that, as internet speak is impossible to decipher intent, and tone in words on a screen. so sorry if i did.

yes, i do have records for 14 dollars, but none of them are "distro" items, and are in a seperate category for "used/rare" and individually marked on the site so the buyer is aware its a used/rare record.

which is actually the reason ive always been hesitant to sell rare stuff on my distro, as opposed to ebay, etc. because i was afraid that someone wouldnt read the main page, or would get a link to an item, and assume that my distro is ridiculously overpriced in everything based on the price of a rare/oop record, and automatically write it off, etc. when 90% of the actual distro stuff for 7"s is priced around 4 bucks.

I'll just take my business to people who are actually cool. Thanks though.

please do.

I think the prices are really cheap! 12.50 for the Sufjan LP? I see that for like 20.99 in my local stores.

thats part of what makes 10% a big deal for a place like me. if i priced stuff at 20 bucks, then 10% means i still make 8 bucks profit on the item.

i try to keep the everyday prices as low as possible, which works out good normally, but sort of makes any substantial sale not really possible without completely losing money on everything.

Titus, you really should make the used/rare section some sort of separate site or something. People are stupid to grasp the concept apparently.

10% off is great when he only marks stuff up a buck or two. Some of the MSRPs on records these days is out of fucking control. After the Redline debacle, I understand how much it sucks for stores/distros to try to exist these days. People want fucking $4 cost for a 7" and you have to sell it for $5 to make a lousy buck. I really think a lot of labels are going to be shooting themselves in the foot when they put out LPs with a MSRP of $14.99 or $17.99 or $19.99. Shit is retarded.

yeah i really want to amke it COMPLETELY seperate. like when you go to new products, it wouldnt show anything from the rare section.

but i dont really know how to do that. i wish i was friends with someone who knew about computers, or could find someone who had extra time and willing to do some webwork for records or something, cause im not too proficient with php, and i dont have the time for a complete redesign/overhaul.

i have gotten some recent wholesale lists, and some of the bigger "hardcore" releases/labels its like 4.10 to wholesale a 7". i am all for labels charging enough to not lose money and all that, and i know its not cheap to press records, but kids expect the prices to be like they were in 1990. 3 or 4 bucks a 7", and 8-10 bucks for an LP. i cant tell you how many times ive taken stuff to shows, and had some kid pick up a double LP and ask how much and ill say 14 bucks, or 12 bucks or whatever, and they are like....seriously? man thats expensive, and put it down and walk away.

at this point (expecially with euro releases) you gotta charge 5 or 6 bucks for a 7" just to break even, let alone make any money on it.

yeah i really want to amke it COMPLETELY seperate. like when you go to new products, it wouldnt show anything from the rare section.

but i dont really know how to do that. i wish i was friends with someone who knew about computers, or could find someone who had extra time and willing to do some webwork for records or something, cause im not too proficient with php, and i dont have the time for a complete redesign/overhaul.

i have gotten some recent wholesale lists, and some of the bigger "hardcore" releases/labels its like 4.10 to wholesale a 7". i am all for labels charging enough to not lose money and all that, and i know its not cheap to press records, but kids expect the prices to be like they were in 1990. 3 or 4 bucks a 7", and 8-10 bucks for an LP. i cant tell you how many times ive taken stuff to shows, and had some kid pick up a double LP and ask how much and ill say 14 bucks, or 12 bucks or whatever, and they are like....seriously? man thats expensive, and put it down and walk away.

at this point (expecially with euro releases) you gotta charge 5 or 6 bucks for a 7" just to break even, let alone make any money on it.

Fuck it man, your gold, I love your distro, and have dealt with you before. mightcatchfire dude is a fuckin dickfuck, don't let him get under your skin.

:)

did you ever get my reply jailhouse? you had emailed me a couple times a while back, and i responded after getting your 2nd or third mail. then never heard back in the last month or two. just seeing if it went through or whatever.

thanks for the nice words.

No I sure didn't man, my bad. Must have fallen in the spam box or something?

Hit me up again if you like

[email protected]

Sorry about that

well I just asked what the 10 percent would be in terms of money off, so if I go over $50 it would be easier to crunch the numbers myself so I could keep track. But yes, you had a Panic S/t 7'' for $14. I am not blind. But since I don't run a distro/label I do not realize the price of things. I'll just take my business to people who are actually cool. Thanks though.

this person is an absolute idiot