shipping question!

i bought a 7" off ebay, and to send it to australia, the guy is trying to charge me $US15 for it from North Carolina.

This does not seem right at all as usually its around $US10 for a 12".

does anyone know what it roughly costs? and is there a way i can dispute the shipping costs with the seller?

i think you might be out of luck if you already won the item. it's shitty, i know, but sellers can charge whatever they want for shipping "& handling". i've been screwed since i'm in canada many times. i suggest you find a ball park figure using something to like what was posted above and contact and call out the seller, since he's probably just trying to make a few extra dollars.

german shipping is fucked. i wanted to order an lp from a store, said it was gunna be 35 euros just for shipping

i think ill try and contact the seller. get a feeling hes tryin to make some cash since the record was only $US1.25

theres no way it can be 15 bucks. i think i will ask to see a receipt or something

He can charge whatever he likes. Shipping is one thing, but "handling" can be a number of things. Hell, maybe he's 20 miles from a post office.

But yeah, I think most eBay-ers have been screwed by people who charge excessive shipping. All you can really do is leave 1 star for shipping price.

I shipped a 7" to user aws in New Zealand, I charged him $7, since that's what I was quoted by usps.com. Ended up only being $5.65 at the post office.

I'd never charge for a mailer since I have those out the wazoo, though if it's a CD I do charge a bit just because Bubble mailers aren't too recycleable, so I've got to buy new ones often.

i bought a 7" off ebay, and to send it to australia, the guy is trying to charge me $US15 for it from North Carolina.

This does not seem right at all as usually its around $US10 for a 12".

does anyone know what it roughly costs? and is there a way i can dispute the shipping costs with the seller?

do an estimate with www.usps.com