wanted: Cash Tribute - All Aboard (all 4 colors)

hyperinactive

ive been thinking about selling all my variants for a while. im a broke ass college student and it kind of sickens me that people pay absurd amounts for records they wont listen to anyways

I quit the variant collecting, I just like to have first presses if possible

I've been toying with unloading all of my variants of everything not Screeching Weasel related...ditching my NOFX stuff and other things. I'm just worried I'll regret it after all is said and done.

First off there are no reasons to have four varients of a Comp even if you are a crazy Gaslight Anthem Completist its JUST A COMP ONLY ONE SONG FROM THAT BAND IT DOESENT COUNT

Second please dont sell your shit to get them its really not worth it

and third and the last part of my rant whether you want to get every varient or just want to listen to the music as long as your enjoying it its fine if you stressing over getting all the colors and spending crazy money (like 85$ for a 3 song fucking demo's 7inch that isent even that good) then whats the point just enjoy the music and if you hafta collect then make if fun and stop spending crazy cash on things that are not worth it........its just a collection not your life on the line here.

the VC exclusive is still available so you're ok, aren't you? i don't see why people stress about owning every colour of a release either - especially a comp.

i would much rather spend my hard earned money on a collection that is varied - somthing you will be able to enjoy for a long time. a collection of records by the same band would get very boring, very quickly.

variety is the spice of life and all that.

regardless of how you or anyone else feels, there are people who here who do want a complete collection and if spending $85 on a 3 song demo 7" will help them complete it, so be it. We're all here for different reasons, a few of us here want complete collections, even if that means 4 colors of a comp with one song on it and a few of us just want the vinyl regardless of color or rarity. If the guy wants the four colors, so be it, if he wants to pay $200 for them, so be it, variety is the spice of life and a few of us are the type to want those complete collections...

regardless of how you or anyone else feels, there are people who here who do want a complete collection and if spending $85 on a 3 song demo 7" will help them complete it, so be it. We're all here for different reasons, a few of us here want complete collections, even if that means 4 colors of a comp with one song on it and a few of us just want the vinyl regardless of color or rarity. If the guy wants the four colors, so be it, if he wants to pay $200 for them, so be it, variety is the spice of life and a few of us are the type to want those complete collections...

Backed, personally i'd rather every record and variation of my favourite Bands as opposed to a 'varied' record collection containing a heap of records i don't really care all that much about.

But that's just me, everyone has different views on this and some people think im stupid for dropping 100+ on a record i already own 4 times over just because it has a different cover or whatever.

To me that doesn't get 'boring' infact nothing excites me more than finally chasing down a 'rare' variant of one of my favourite releases.

each to their own really

Backed, personally i'd rather every record and variation of my favourite Bands as opposed to a 'varied' record collection containing a heap of records i don't really care all that much about.

But that's just me, everyone has different views on this and some people think im stupid for dropping 100+ on a record i already own 4 times over just because it has a different cover or whatever.

To me that doesn't get 'boring' infact nothing excites me more than finally chasing down a 'rare' variant of one of my favourite releases.

each to their own really

Obviously I can't disagree with anything there. You're right - it is all down to personal choice.

However, why would a varied collection be a boring collection? Surely there is nothing more boring than having 5 copies of the same lp or 7-inch.

It sounds like I'm having a go at collectors and I really don't mean to. I just struggle to understand why so many people spend so much time any money searching for duplicate copies of one particular record. For me, one of the best things about record collecting is picking up new records and hearing bands I've never heard before.

Just my opinion, though. :)

• 2 weeks later...