Ways to improve Vinyl Collective

coldwind

dig the site, dig the msgboard. i have had a little problem with vinyl being different color but no worries. i did return one and andy tucked a drowningman record in with another order for me so that saved me some extra shipping. i'm ok with dealing with mailorder personally and people as syked to sell you a record as you are to be finding/buying them. i'm glad VC has lasted so long and has the current system. you guys on the boards make me spend all my money and i don't feel like i'm at any loss posting on here. thanks VC and to the people that put up with my 'smite' posts ;)

hey guys, thanks for the thread. I agree that we can always improve and there are plans for improvement. Although we have a new person helping do a lot of our web stuff, we are still limited by our store/site. I agree with a lot of your complaints and hope to make improvements, but do not be disappointed if it doesn't all happen at once. I do appreciate hearing these things. I know that we are not perfect and we are experiencing growing pains, but I am glad we can have a dialogue about these types of things.

one thing that I think would be really cool but hard to do would be to have some sort of special order option on the site. I know that Virgil's distributers have a lot of stuff that's either kinda rare or kinda expensive that not a ton of people want but a few might. It would be kinda cool if you could request a specific record and if VC can get it then they send you a price for it. If you like it you then could order it specificly for you. I know it would probably be time consuming but it might be a neat thing to think about somewhere down the road.

personally, saving on shipping isn't all that big of a thing as I don't see $3 as all that much as a loss, even when it's mulitple items. They already likely lose on shipping, so I don't mind throwing the $3 on each and every order.

backed 100%

im quite happy to pay whatever the overseas postage is, but i just wish there was an easier way to combine packages. like maybe add to an existing order if it hasnt gone out yet. im not sure if that can happen, but it would be nicer than buggin someone who im already sure is busy enough

I agree with all of the suggested improvements regarding your experience ordering through VC. But, I need to remind everyone of something crucial you can do that will definitely improve your experience while upgrades are being made to the store:

Keep in contact with us! If you get a record thats damaged...email someone @ VC, dont post on the board that you get damaged records and are bummed about it. If you want to combine shipping, email us. If you want to know where you order is, email us. We gladly communicate with customers and I know I can speak for the whole staff when I say that we want everyone to have a kick ass experience ordering from us and we really appreciate all of your support.

I agree with all of the suggested improvements regarding your experience ordering through VC. But, I need to remind everyone of something crucial you can do that will definitely improve your experience while upgrades are being made to the store:

Keep in contact with us! If you get a record thats damaged...email someone @ VC, dont post on the board that you get damaged records and are bummed about it. If you want to combine shipping, email us. If you want to know where you order is, email us. We gladly communicate with customers and I know I can speak for the whole staff when I say that we want everyone to have a kick ass experience ordering from us and we really appreciate all of your support.

If you want people to email you, you should put that on VC.com and in the VC store along with your email addresses. To only address it on the message board is only reaching a small portion of your customer base.

If you want people to email you, you should put that on VC.com and in the VC store along with your email addresses. To only address it on the message board is only reaching a small portion of your customer base.

Possibly in the bottom of the shipping emails or a little xerox'd slip inside your mailers.