HDvinylMP3

ihprstl

Just got this from United. Has anyone heard any examples of this?

In addition to United Record Pressing's popular Vinyl & MP3 combos , which allow labels and artists to give away MP3s (hosted by URP) with the purchase of their vinyl... we've launched the 2nd generation, HDvinylMP3.

HDvinylMP3 is an offering of High Bit Rate files ripped direct from vinyl test pressings.

Upon approval of your test pressings, URP will rip 320 bit rate files from your tests and host them online so that you can use them as a purchase incentive for your vinyl.

Huge 320 Bit Rate files

MP3s that capture some of the warmth that can only come from a needle touching a record

Includes printing and application (to jackets) of HDvinylMP3 stickers

Round record label shaped download coupons

Includes our marketing package which allows you to collect emails from folks who download your songs (optional)

The sound of the needle hitting the record at the start of each side of your recording (optional)

Excellent technical support to insure your customers are satisfied.

Music lovers buy vinyl because they love the sound of vinyl.

Give them the sound of vinyl.

Well sometimes there is a vinyl mix that is noticeably different from the cd version, that is the only legitimate reason for even doing this. Otherwise, just give me the cd rip. I don't care if my mp3 files are not as "compressed" sounding as the cd, its still a compressed format.

mp3s, for me, are just a way of listening to music in the car or on a walk/run. Couldn't care less about audiophile quality.