PO: PORTUGAL THE MAN Censored Colors LP VC exclusi

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

PORTUGAL THE MAN "Censored Colors" LP purple w/ white and green splatter (VC exclusive)

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/794558115315

I know that some of you have been waiting for us to put this up and after talking to EVR and PTM's manager, we are ready for yo ass. Portugal have a brand new album out this week on Equal Vision. As most of you know, I love this band with all my heart. We started pressing their records once we heard Waiter You Vultures, saw them progress into a different band with Church Mouth, and have witnessed yet another transformation with "Censored Colors". I really love this new album. Not sure if you know, but our brothers from another mother, Phil and Kirk, from Kay kay and His Weathered Underground recorded and produced the album and after hearing it, you will notice their involvement. The record is much more atmospheric and I might say timeless. It is a very different record, but somehow it is still Portugal. I hope that the band catapults to that next level which I truly believe they belong.

Not sure the exact numbers on the pressings, but our Vinyl Collective exclusive are being made out of an edition of 250 of which the band will have 100 for their own use and out on the road. So that means that after EVR takes 10 personal copies and we take 10 copies for VC, we will only have 130 for sale. Get this while you can.

There have been a few hiccups on the manufacturing of this, and instead of a die cut, they are giong to have some foil stamping on the cover. Either way, it is a great record that I am sure will look amazing.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest falloutcollapse

I ordered it anyway, because I would be so bummed if I didn't get it. I hate how the only bands I sort-of collect are Thursday, Portugal, and Crime in Stereo, and all 3 had releases this week haha

Are you going to get any of the other colors Virgil? I hate Merchnow.

Either way, I'm happy to at least have this version.

EVR were reluctant to sell me the Gold vinyl, but I told them after this sells out in a few days that I will need more. I think we will have the Gold sometime next week and if you already ordered the VC exclusive, we will work something out for you to combine the orders. So to answer your question in a long winded way, we should be getting the gold in.

Are you going to get any of the other colors Virgil? I hate Merchnow.

Either way, I'm happy to at least have this version.

EVR were reluctant to sell me the Gold vinyl, but I told them after this sells out in a few days that I will need more. I think we will have the Gold sometime next week and if you already ordered the VC exclusive, we will work something out for you to combine the orders. So to answer your question in a long winded way, we should be getting the gold in.

Awesome, thanks!

Is the VC exclusive and gold the only colours, just want to know if I can sit easy on my P.TM spending or if I still have a way to go.

from what I understand, the band have an exclusive color, too.

Ordered. Any reason why this is so expensive if they arent doing a die cut and it's a single LP? Also, when does this ship?

the packaging is still really really intense from what was explained to me. Foil stamping is really expensive.

I ordered it anyway, because I would be so bummed if I didn't get it. I hate how the only bands I sort-of collect are Thursday, Portugal, and Crime in Stereo, and all 3 had releases this week haha
at least you dont have to much to collect...