Suburban Home / Vinyl Collective at The Fest

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Yours truly and the Suburban Home crew will be in full effect at this year's Fest and we could not be more excited. Officially and Unofficially, Suburban Home will have the following bands performing at this year's Fest:

Josh Small

Ninja Gun

Ghost Buffalo

Drag the River

Two Cow Garage

Austin Lucas

Mike Hale

In the Red

The Takers

We will be in touch soon exact dates and times. We hope you will mark these down in your datebooks.

We have some really rad ideas up our sleeves including some kick as Fest-only merch, some records that will be coming out in time for the Fest, and we are planning on releasing an LP compilation featuring many of the bands on our label that are playing the Fest. The compilation LP will have unreleased songs you can't get anywhere else, and the best part, it is going to be FREE! If you catch any of our bands and buy anything from them, you will get this record for free. If you buy something from us at the Flea Market, you will get one for free. This might be the only place to get this record although we might have a few leftovers for you non-festers (maybe).

We are actually flying into Atlanta where Ninja Gun will be taking us down to their hometown of Valdosta. There will be a visit to the Old Town Country Buffet and if things go well, we will be going to Jeffrey's father's Fried Chicken restaurant. We will be staying at Jeffrey and Coody's Trailer of Tears. That should be fun. We will then drive down to Gainesville where we plan to see all the incredible bands playing this year. We look forward to meeting all of you, drinking with all of you, and enjoying all Gainesville has to offer.

We hope to see you all there.

VIRGIL!!!! I'm so buying you a beer. And whatever Fest stuff you have set some aside for me, I'll be the one dry humping your both at the flea market. Looking like this

P.S. I'm the one who's not Warren

are you going to be doing interviews during the fest?

VIRGIL!!!! I'm so buying you a beer. And whatever Fest stuff you have set some aside for me, I'll be the one dry humping your both at the flea market. Looking like this

P.S. I'm the one who's not Warren

That's a yes and no answer.

Yes: I intend to do interviews and will bringing equipment.

No: Last year it didn't go so well because everyone was drunk and/or trying to catch all the other bands. So we'll see.

If you want to do one or want to set one up with Suburban Home artists let me know. Though I can tell you I'd be all over talking to you and I plan to get Austin Lucas if it's the last thing I do.

That's a yes and no answer.

Yes: I intend to do interviews and will bringing equipment.

No: Last year it didn't go so well because everyone was drunk and/or trying to catch all the other bands. So we'll see.

If you want to do one or want to set one up with Suburban Home artists let me know. Though I can tell you I'd be all over talking to you and I plan to get Austin Lucas if it's the last thing I do.

I would love to do this and would love for you to talk with Austin. You have to ask him about the time he met Greg Hetson. He has a great story.

Me and my wife will be there. We live close by. Does anyone know where the main SH/VC hang out is going to be? Looks like common grounds, maybe? I'm just lazy to go bar hopping while I'm already drunk.

I am down for wherever to be the hang out spot, but I am gonna be running around like wild catching all of our bands and all of the other great bands.

BRING MAILERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i went to HWM in NJ reunion i brought a mailer and it was the only way my records weren't fucking destroyed.

throw a couple lps in the mailer and you're set to run around the shows without issue.

hell, now that i think about it i'll probably run over to the post office on Saturday and throw my current purchased records in the mail and get them delivered back to boston just so i don't destroy them on sat night.

both years sat night have been the most fucked nights for me and i don't think this year will be any different

The only other bands I will get up off my ass to see, besides the sh bands are the lawrence arms, less then jake, and possibly the bouncing souls. my two favorite places there are common grounds and the market street pub. i haven't seen a full schedual yet, but hopefully drag the river, then two cow garage, then the lawrence arms would play back to back. that would be my dream line up.

Would someone please help me pick up the Free Fest LP? I can't make it (I'm a teacher in Pennsylvania) and I would love to have a copy of this, especially for the Mike Hale/In the Red tracks to add to my collection.

Virgil, could you make sure there's at a least a handful leftover? I'd pay for one!

Or if anyone's going, I'd love to get a Mike Hale/In the Red shirt, and I'll paypal you the money in advance. That way I could get a shirt and the LP. Let me know!

Would someone please help me pick up the Free Fest LP? I can't make it (I'm a teacher in Pennsylvania) and I would love to have a copy of this, especially for the Mike Hale/In the Red tracks to add to my collection.

Virgil, could you make sure there's at a least a handful leftover? I'd pay for one!

Or if anyone's going, I'd love to get a Mike Hale/In the Red shirt, and I'll paypal you the money in advance. That way I could get a shirt and the LP. Let me know!

I'd be down for picking you up whatever you want, Mike Hale is one of the shows that I am certainly not going to be missing.

BRING MAILERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i went to HWM in NJ reunion i brought a mailer and it was the only way my records weren't fucking destroyed.

throw a couple lps in the mailer and you're set to run around the shows without issue.

hell, now that i think about it i'll probably run over to the post office on Saturday and throw my current purchased records in the mail and get them delivered back to boston just so i don't destroy them on sat night.

both years sat night have been the most fucked nights for me and i don't think this year will be any different

No Idea will also mail stuff for you if you buy it at their yard sale on Saturday, or they'll give you a big LP box to carry your stuff in if you don't want to pay to mail it.

im the same as this dude. i dont really want a shirt, but a free fest lp for mike hale/in the red tracks. im so close to completing my mike hale collection. only two records i think i need