Florida Record Stores?

element101

Gainesville has Hyde and Zeke's and Wayward Council.

I think Tampa and Tallahassee have Vinyl Fever, and Tampa also has Mojo Records and Banana's and Daddy Kool's in St. Pete.

I don't really know much about stores in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale or anything, but I think those stores about cover you for northern/central fl.

I think Tampa and Tallahassee have Vinyl Fever, and Tampa also has Mojo Records and Banana's and Daddy Kool's in St. Pete.

SOUND IDEA, ITS LOCATED IN BRANDON, WHICH IS 20 MINS. EAST OF TAMPA. ITS RUN BY BOB SUREN. THAT DUDES BEEN DOIN THIS SHIT FOR YEARS.

VINYL FEVER IS THE TOWNS RECORD STORE. THE USED SECTION HAS BEEN BEAT AS OF LATE. THE STAFF RULES.

THERE IS A SOUND EXCHANGE HERE, A LITTLE OVER PRICED, BUT QUAILITY RECORDS.(I FOUND REGATTA DE BLANC ON DOUBLE 10" THERE ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO) THEY ALSO SELL LASER DISKS & CDS.

HAVENT BEEN TO MOJO YET, ITS NEAR THE UNIVERSITY. HEARD NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS.

BANANAS SUX. ITS A WAREHOUSE FULL OF SHIT. YOU COULD SPEND AN ENTIRE WEEK THERE. THE CATCH IS, WHEN YOU FIND SOMTHING, THEY BUST OUT A PRICE BOOK AND CHARGE YOU BUY SOME OUTDATED COLLECTORS PRICE.

THE THRIFT STORES HERE ARE BETTER THAN BANANAS.

South FloriDUH! record stores are far and few...they mostly suck. But I have found a few gems at:

Radio-Active Records in Ft. Lauderdale

Backbone Music in Delray Beach

Uncle Sam's in Lauderhill used to top-notch but they have gone downhill as of a few years ago.

I'm actually going to be in Lauderdale this weekend so That definetly helps alot!

How come you are from Cincinnati but I have no idea who you are?!@!

I grew up there but i was never there. Kinda traveled alot, did some teching for a few friends of mine. I love Cincinnati, but i cant deal with the violence. Having a car broken into every Week sucks. Beautiful city though, great records too!

You have to get at me about a bunch of your 7" doubles. I need them bad! Haha i was also the guy who just sent one of their FSF vinyl back to you, for the gold one!

Rock N Roll Heaven in Orlando

Went to this place for the first and found nothing. Went through their 7 Inches a second time and found Slick Shoes, Starflyer 59, Mxpx 17!, Guns Up And Have Heart. I spent 20 bucks! Love that place now!

Yeah man, I've found some pretty cool stuff for pretty cheap there, like some Rage Against The Machine 7"s and what not. The guy that works in there is really nice too, and from time to time they get sealed first presses of "1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours" and "Out Come the Wolves." Can't complain about that.

Sorry dude, only shop at Park Ave, Rock N Roll Heaven and Drop Shop in Orlando, haven't been anywhere closer to down south. Good luck.

where are heaven and drop shop?

Rock N Roll Heaven

1814 N Orange Ave

Orlando, FL 32804

(407) 896-1952

Drop Shop is mostly DJ/Club stuff (I have a friend that DJ's, really the only reason I ever go in there, unless I'm looking for hip-ho records)

Drop Shop

2422 E Robinson St

Orlando, FL 32803

(407) 895-5707

Hope that helps!

i just got back from vinyl fever in tampa. it was my first time at that store, ive been to the tally location a bunch. i came out with some good stuff, a few kiss of death titles, a spoon 7", and dark romantics 7". some of the stuff there was overpriced, but they had a much better selection than the tally store. in jacksonville there is cd connection. i dont really like it there, some of the staff is cool, but they usually act like they know what they are talking about, and i correct them on everything they say, which is sad. also one time the cashier dropped my records while bagging-not awesome. but they often have a lot of good stuff for decent prices

Good dudes!

truth. this is actually the first item of bought by them. i used to love denison marrs, and followed eric over to the party people, but for some reason never really did more than listen to a few tracks of the dark romantics. i dont know why, they are really good

I was stoked when i got my Denison Marrs 7 Inch. Probably wont of those bands that were before their time. Love them like crazy!

I don't really know much about stores in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale or anything, but I think those stores about cover you for northern/central fl.

Where are the shops in Gainesville at? I'm in Jacksonville and don't know of any here, but I go to Gainesville often.

Where are the shops in Gainesville at? I'm in Jacksonville and don't know of any here, but I go to Gainesville often.

WAYWARD COUNCIL

807 W. University Avenue

Gainesville, FL 32601

(352) 335-0800

HYDE AND ZEKE'S RECORDS

402 NW 10th Avenue

Gainesville, FL 32601

(352) 376-1687

If you need any more info feel free to PM me. They're both within 2-3 miles of each other.