The Gaslight Anthem LP

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I talk about the insanity of Gaslight vinyl my friend Jeff always says "My bro picked up the black in a record shop when it first came out"

Honestly, if I saw them back then I'd say "They weren't half bad but they won't really get anywhere"

haha, I'd be wrong, but good for them.

Every time I talk about the insanity of Gaslight vinyl my friend Jeff always says "My bro picked up the black in a record shop when it first came out"

Honestly, if I saw them back then I'd say "They weren't half bad but they won't really get anywhere"

You're friend Jeff is pulling your leg, since stores didn't carry the black. I believe only PunkStop carried it. Unless he bought it used.

You're friend Jeff is pulling your leg, since stores didn't carry the black. I believe only PunkStop carried it. Unless he bought it used.

Or it was the other first press.

He always forgets.

Guest genericinsight

I sold my black copy for a decent price to a kid in England because it was in awful, AWFUL condition. The record was completely unplayable. I only sold it because the guy wouldn't leave me alone on deadformat about it and I needed some extra cash. Prior to that I had no intention of selling it or getting rid of it at all.

Guest genericinsight
I sold my black copy for a decent price to a kid in England because it was in awful, AWFUL condition. The record was completely unplayable.

And he still bought it knowing that?!?!?

Yeah. I told him straight up how shitty the condition of the record was, and he still bought it. It's very sad.

Then I had another dude message me about it (he seemed to have been keeping tabs on it), and actually was offended when I told him I sold it to the other guy for that low of an amount... again, after I first told him about the condition of the record, and he still wanted it. Good fucking lord.

Guest genericinsight
Ok...I guess that one was never going to played anyways...

Probably not. I wouldn't doubt either of those kids just wanted it for bragging rights, or to eventually flip it. I don't even care anymore.

Guest genericinsight

xfedaykinx and I probably win for having heard them the earliest out of everyone here. Us and the Devil Dance Records dude.

Just sayin'..... :D

I ordered them after checking out their myspace. Before that, I had never heard of them. Had you?

I wasn't being elitist or anything. I started listening to them November last year.

I read your first post out of context then. I thought you were putting down people who hadn't heard them when they bought those records.

One thing I have found about the VC board is that you will hear a lot of hype/talk/mention about certain bands. This will more than likely cause you to check them out and maybe eventually like the band and become a fan.

A while back I posted a thread about what bands people have gotten it due to being a member of the VC boards.

I can only speak for myself, but I know that I checked out Gaslight after hearing sooooo fuckin' much about them from people here. I dig them and have purchased some of their records since.

Records are for music listening if anyone gets up your ass for buying a record they're being a fool. If you go out of your way to buy a record from a band you're familiar with because you're going to flip it, that's shady. But buying a record because you genuinely want to listen to the band there can be no wrong associated with that action.