The Gaslight Anthem LP

One thing I have found about the VC board is that you will hear a lot of hype/talk/mention about certain bands. This will more than likely cause you to check them out and maybe eventually like the band and become a fan.

A while back I posted a thread about what bands people have gotten it due to being a member of the VC boards.

I can only speak for myself, but I know that I checked out Gaslight after hearing sooooo fuckin' much about them from people here. I dig them and have purchased some of their records since.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it wrong to buy records of bands you dont know?

I never said it was, but they way minty's post sounded he was chiding people for now knowing who the band was back in June 2007.

Again, I wasn't because I hadn't heard of them that early myself. It's just funny how a band can take off so quickly. Those red/white SoS records were around forever and then suddenly they were going for $80 on eBay.

I never said it was, but they way minty's post sounded he was chiding people for now knowing who the band was back in June 2007.

Again, I wasn't because I hadn't heard of them that early myself. It's just funny how a band can take off so quickly. Those red/white SoS records were around forever and then suddenly they were going for $80 on eBay.

It was strange how that happened. I love Gaslight Anthem, but I still don't think their records should command such high prices, espeically with the kind of people they are....they seem really down to earth and probably get pissed that fans get fleeced for their records.

xfedaykinx and I probably win for having heard them the earliest out of everyone here. Us and the Devil Dance Records dude.

Just sayin'..... :D

the few... the proud.......... the OG gaslight fans

yea, barrie was the one that turned me on to them!

also, just got an email someone wanting to trade an Against Me! "S/T" for sink or swim on black. ha.

I love how every single gaslight anthem turns into the same argument. I love them, i hate them, bla bla bla....

It's the same people who post "this band sucks" in every thread about them. I've just learned to ignore them.

Funny thing about the people who say Gaslight Anthem sucks; they end up buying their records to flip.