RUN FOR COVER RECORDS - Send us our Shit!

Still waiting on mine, that was my comment about the TIH & Trap Them 7"s, dude hasn't even replied to the PM I sent him on here, and I know from his last 5 posts he has been on here since I sent it.

You can see if he's read it or not by checking your outbox. A closed envelope means it hasn't been read. Although if he's been on and it's still unread he's probably just ignoring you.

he has read my pms and never responded. granted, he may have forgotten or was thinking about responding later. but when it comes to running a label you need to be up oin shit like this.

and also, mine was concerning fireworks. i got my order, but i ordered the preorder color and i think he sent the wrong color.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing for me with React records. I placed an order back in May and I've been told these records were going to ship "really soon" I live one state away, 4 hours in total. I have seen nothing in the mail yet and it's really, really bumming me out.

I just sent you a PM about this. But the latest React release has had multiple pressing issues and is finally out as of last week.

Same thing for me with React records. I placed an order back in May and I've been told these records were going to ship "really soon" I live one state away, 4 hours in total. I have seen nothing in the mail yet and it's really, really bumming me out.

I just sent you a PM about this. But the latest React release has had multiple pressing issues and is finally out as of last week.

Yeah, I should say I DO NOT in any way think that React records/Aram is ripping me off. I did not mean for it to come across that way. Mainly stating that sometimes things take a while and yeah, it bums people (me included) out. But once again, in no way do I think React is out to steal my 15 bucks or whatever. I know that's not that case and all I can do is continue to wait until the RI records come in the mail.

Labels that have these kind of issues should seriously look into finding a merchandise fulfillment company to handle their sales. Hell, Second Nature merged their store with VC; there's no reason some of these other, smaller, one-man operation labels couldn't do that too. You might make a little less per copy but prompt shipping will always keep your customers happy and coming back to you.

You can see if he's read it or not by checking your outbox. A closed envelope means it hasn't been read. Although if he's been on and it's still unread he's probably just ignoring you.

he has read my pms and never responded. granted, he may have forgotten or was thinking about responding later. but when it comes to running a label you need to be up oin shit like this.

and also, mine was concerning fireworks. i got my order, but i ordered the preorder color and i think he sent the wrong color.

I know virtually nothing about the release, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that there was some mixup with the colors at the plant so they had to change them. I could be making shit up, but maybe someone would know better than myself.

I know virtually nothing about the release, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that there was some mixup with the colors at the plant so they had to change them. I could be making shit up, but maybe someone would know better than myself.

no, there was a mixup, but since i ordered the preorder version i should get the most limited color (at least i think i should), but i don't think i did

maybe you should write an e-mail and include a link to this thread. when he sees it's been viewed 200 times and there are this many people who he's pissed off, and he sees the power you have of fucking up his business by writing something like this, he'll be a little more receptive and helpful..

I've thought about that..i plan to give it another week and if nothing arrives or i don't hear from him im going to send this thread to every band on his roster and to most people that's sent comments through his myspace page. Hell i'll even post this link on every other forum i can think of.

I wonder how bands like DING, Fireworks and This Time Next Year are going to feel about people supporting their bands by buying their records and cds only to be let down by this sort of behaviour.

I ordered 5 or 6 seven inches in may, and didn't get them until 2 weeks ago. I sent him an email every other week or so since late june, took forever to even get a response, but I finally got my stuff. email him with your paypal receipt ID number and what you ordered and the date and all that stuff. worked for me. But still, I will NEVER order from him again.

I ordered 5 or 6 seven inches in may, and didn't get them until 2 weeks ago. I sent him an email every other week or so since late june, took forever to even get a response, but I finally got my stuff. email him with your paypal receipt ID number and what you ordered and the date and all that stuff. worked for me. But still, I will NEVER order from him again.

you shouldn't have to do that though. goods in exchange for money, that's the way it should be. i hate having to hassle people about an order, but sometimes it has to be done.

troubleman records are a fucking rip off. i sent him$100 via concealed cash about six years ago.it was signed for by mike.he never answered my emails never got my records but about a year ago when he came over to promote his new italians do it better lable. he told one of my friends who works in a london record store that some guy from the uk sent him a big amont of dollers and he just spent it without sending anything off laughing his head off about it.

Still waiting on mine, that was my comment about the TIH & Trap Them 7"s, dude hasn't even replied to the PM I sent him on here, and I know from his last 5 posts he has been on here since I sent it.

Yeah, I just checked that, he's read it.

Labels that have these kind of issues should seriously look into finding a merchandise fulfillment company to handle their sales. Hell, Second Nature merged their store with VC; there's no reason some of these other, smaller, one-man operation labels couldn't do that too. You might make a little less per copy but prompt shipping will always keep your customers happy and coming back to you.
i remember he used revelation to send out all of the crime in stereo 7"s he put out

Guest kylewilliam

i agree with what scott said, i am using vertical merch and vc as my exclusive online stores because of their organization, work ethic, and track record. even though i make a few dollars less per record, i know that the records will get where they need to go as soon as the order is placed.

I understand there are a few individuals here who have a right to be mad, annoyed, feel ripped off, etc. It is perfectly understandable. What bothers me is seeing kids responding saying 'I am glad I never ordered from this shit label.' For every person complaining about not receiving their order, there is 30 kids who received their order in a timely manner. We haven't had problems with pre-orders for a while now (since Sinking Ships - Meridian, which was our third release) and this thread bums me out, but it's understandable.

This label is 95% of my life. I go to school full time, and run this label by myself. I put every dime I have into our releases. I literally work to keep this label running. We do not make money. Literally. Around $400 was lost on the Fireworks 7", and we will hopefully break even in a repress.

Nick, who is also a large part of the label helps when he is around, but most of the time is on tour with Shipwreck. My point is there is no reason why I would intentionally rip anyone off. Why would I want to do that? I have chosen to run a company in a failing market where bands and labels alike are struggling. I think it would be silly to argue that Run For Cover exists for any reason besides my love of music and specifically vinyl.

We got HUNDREDS of pre-orders for the Fireworks/This Time Next Year records. we took pre-orders after approving tests, and waited, and waited, and waited and waited for the vinyl to come in. Eventually I had to leave for 60 days on Warped Tour (a job I took to earn some money to put directly towards my label), and left my roomate up to to the task of putting the records together (when the vinyl finally came in) packing the orders, and sending them out. Between me leaving for Warped Tour, and the vinyl going out, it is inevitable that a few things got fucked up with some people's orders. Another issue was the sheer volume of pre-orders took forever to send out as I am a full time student, and my living situation does not allow for a car.

There are around 10-15 Fireworks related orders that haven't gone out for various reasons. The people I recognized in this thread I have contacted. There is no more than 10-12 orders that have been fucked up, and that is out of almost 375 orders. I understand almost everyone had to wait a while, and that sucks, it honestly does. I wish it worked out better, but it could be a lot worse than 12 out of 300 something orders, RIGHT?

I am not out to rip anyone off. If I didn't respond to your email it's because I get a million emails a day and its tough to keep track of stuff. Usually once a week I go through all my emails and respond to everyone who has emailed me. If you got looked over I am sorry. If you got looked over multiple times, that sucks and it completely my fault, and shouldn't happen. If you are still waiting on an order please EMAIL ME @ [email protected] and I bet you a million dollars I will fix your order.

Bottom line, I care about the people who keep allowing me to put out records. Sometimes life is stressful, things don't go as planned, etc. There are around 10 international orders that haven't gone out for various reasons, and will be all out as of Wednesday. We have a ton of amazing releases coming up, and I really hope a lot of you have enough faith to ordering from us again. If not, REV gets our releases in stores around the country, so if you don't want to support us directly, you have options.

-jeff

I forgot to mention that we are also changing a bunch of things to improve our mailorder and make it more efficient. We are limiting pre-orders to much smaller numbers, including insurance and tracking in the cost of shipping, and we have a brand new mailorder assistant starting in the middle of the month.

This is a learning experience for me, as unfortunate as it is. One day we will be perfect, I swear.